Ocho Rios Stories and Tips

Sandals Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Sandals Ocho Rios is an all inclusive resort. My wife and I spent 10 fun filled days while we were there, enjoying the pools, the all-you-can-eat and drink restaurants and bars.

We used a Travel Agent to book the trip for us through Apple Vacations. One quick tip before you go: ask your travel agent to request an upgrade on your behalf. We were upgraded from a non-water view to a Suite room overlooking a beautiful garden!

Our trip started out by boarding the Air Jamacan jet. It was a champagne flight and boy was it a hoot! As we boarded the plane, I looked down the cabin and could tell that the plane was filled with honeymooners. All of the men on the plane were figiting with their ring fingers on their left hand (obviously not used to the ring) and all of the women had french nails!

Upon arriving at the Montego Bay airport, we had to clear through customs and then boarded a bus that would take us to Ocho Rios. (another tip: make sure you have $1 per bag American to tip the guys loading your luggage on the bus. One of the gentleman taking the ride only had twenties and was quite embarassed when the Jamaican's were asking for something for the effort.)

The bus ride was a very harrowing experience at times. The two-lane road was very narrow and I was sitting in the front. Any time a car in the opposite lane approached, I thought we were about to collide head on. It was about a 2 hour drive with a stop at an Oasis for refreshments.

When we finally arrived, we were given moist towels and champagne while we registered.