Ambergris Caye Stories and Tips

Additional Thoughts

Although we didn't have time to go to Tikal, this impressive Mayan Ruin was highly recommended to me before my trip. I wanted to mention it here so those of you planning a trip can make sure to add that to your schedule. It's easy to get by taking a plane from Belize City or elsewhere in Belize. Check with your hotel or travel agent. It would be an all-day trip with early departure. I've seen my friend's photos and this site is amazing. Some of the temples are so tall, like skyscrapers. She said it was so difficult to climb up because of the height and the steepness of the steps, but the view was worth it. So try to fit this into your trip and don't miss out like I did! Another recommendation we didn't have time to partake is the 'Rum Punch Sailing Tour.' This is a trip on a wooden sailboat and is run by George Ely. It starts at around 10:30am and ends at 3pm. Lunch and snorkeling are included and reservations can be made at the Coral Beach Dive Shop (please see my entry in the activities category). This is supposed to be so relaxing and the view so gorgeous! My loss, hopefully your gain.