Vienna Stories and Tips

Renting a car from AutoEurope (through IgoUgo)

I found the offer on Igougo.com for a 10% discount when renting from Auto Europe by clicking through from the Igougo website. After checking many other car companies, the Auto Europe deal was the best I found. The other good deal was that Auto Europe was one of the few who would let me pick up the car in Austria and drop it off in Switzerland. The $180 drop off fee was well worth the convenience and time it saved us. The drop off fees for a couple of the large national companies were much higher. A word about getting to the downtown office to pick up the car. The address is at 202 Erdbergstrasse in Vienna. We took the U3 subway to Erdberg station. That was the easy part. When coming out from underground, go to the left exit. Both the left and right exits go on to Erdbergstrasse, but you'll save yourself time by going left. Cross over to the other side of Erdbergstrasse and continue left. After a block or so you will see a sign that says Europcar. This is the Auto Europe office. It's in a small open-air shopping center on the 2nd floor. Go to the right as you go up the stairs. We got a lovely map and directions back to the hotel from the car rental office. However, I have to say here that if I had it to do again, I would have jumped on the air terminal bus downstairs from the Hilton, schlepped my luggage with me, and gone back to the airport and rented the car there. It was less convenient to pick it up in Vienna, which is not laid out in neat squares, since we got lost getting to the pick up point and lost again getting back to the hotel. Auto Europe was great to do business with and they even gave us a great diesel SUV-type of 4-door car, which had a lot of get up and go for a diesel. I would rent from them again.