Cabo San Lucas Stories and Tips

Day-trip to Todos Santos-Hotel California

A little over an hour's drive away lies an artist community with the Eagles' Hotel California. It is a great day-trip, past beaches with surfers, wild burros, buzzards, road-side markets, acres of cactus, and palm trees. We should've made reservations for the patio at the Santa Fe Cafe, but instead we ate at Miquel's, which was picturesque and non-pretentious. Miquel sold a bleached cow head that decorated his establishment right off his wall to my daughter for 30 American dollars. The food? We lived. Not bad, not wonderful either, edible. We are an adventurous family...

My husband, so enamored with all the ocean front property for sale, went to a real estate company, while we women shopped. It seems on Fridays, the humane society "aids" the overpopulated dog society behind the real estate company. We also swung off the road to a local beach - Playa San Pedrito/Las Palmas. I don't recommend it, it is a bit isolated. Also stopped at a package store along the way, another bad idea. The natives are NOT friendly here. Be back before dark, the roads are bad and it is not lit and animals frequently cross the street at night.