Ireland Stories and Tips

Sceptre Tours - The tour company we used to book our trip.

In looking for a good deal for our trip to Ireland, we came across - Sceptre Irelandwww. sceptreireland.com. Phone 516-255-9800.

They offered some pre-arranged tours, but nothing fit our needs. However, they were willing to work with us to customize our fly/drive tour. They set up everything. All we had to do was decide what we wanted to see and get ourselves there.

Here's what was included in our tour through Sceptre.
1. Connecting flights from National Airport to JFK
2. Round trip airfare on Aer Lingus. We flew into Shannon and out of Dublin.
3. Our first night hotel stay in Drumoland Castle, about 10 miles from Shannon Airport.
4. Our last night's stay in Jury's Custom House in Dublin. 3-star hotel.
5. B&B vouchers for the three nights in between. We could select our B&B from any of those listed in the B&B guide we were sent - a total of about 2000 in the book.
5 1/2. Irish breakfast was included with each night's stay.
6. Rental car with automatic transmission.

The total cost was about $800 per person, and that was on Oct. 16 - the day the fares dropped from the summer highs. From talking with others, it seemed a fair price for all-inclusive (except meals) but we could've possibly done better. However, it was nice to have everything taken care of.

The company was good enough to deal with, though they did send all the tickets and such to my travelling buddy, when it was I who had booked the tour, but other than that, everything was as we expected upon arrival.

I would recommend them as a start for either a self-drive tour, as we did, or a formal tour bus tour. They even offer golf tours.

I'd recommend Sceptre to my friends.