on February 11, 2011
Starting from the XVI century, in Paris along the Seine River located the most beautiful facades, the most majestic buildings, such as the Palace of Justice, the Louvre and the Tuileries palace, the palace of the Academy of Sciences. At the site of a modern museum d'Orsay in the early XVII century, the estate Marguerite of Navarre, the famous Queen Margot. Then here in turn constructed barracks Musketeers first, then the various mansions of the aristocrats. In 1810 on the orders of Napoleon, there was built a new Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Finally passed the Chamber and the State Council in 1871, during the Commune, the palace was burnt. For over 25 years, there was a vacant lot to the ruins of the former palace. Finally, the railway company, the Paris-Orleans managed to acquire this land, who served as a prestigious place for the construction of the station. Realizing that such a building utilitarian purpose, as the station will be beautiful banks of the Seine, the company decides to hold a competition to design the new station. As a result, the project has been selected Victor Laloux. His first project was pleasant in December 1897, and then improved and completed in the next year. Since 1939 the station was abandoned and suffered a long period of decline that threatens his demolition in 1971. Luckily, this did not happen, and while the Georges Pompidou's presidency had the idea to convert the station into a museum. In 1978, the construction given the status of historical monument. Successor, Pompidou, Giscard d'Estaing began the process of reconstruction of the station and converting it into a museum of the XIX century, intended to be transitional between the Louvre and the State Museum of Contemporary Art. Streak for works received the agency AST (AP Kolbok, R. Bardon, J.-F. Philippon). Based on the concept of the project the agency was: "Make no museum in the station, and the Museum of the station." In order to use a large vaulted hall 138 m long, guided tour of the museum was organized in accordance with the horizontal axis of the museum. In 1980, Italian architect Gai Aulenti was assigned to the complex interior. She set up the exhibition space in the central part of the large hall. Lined with massive stone blocks of Burgundy, in contrast to the through-space, intended to strengthen the construction of the museum. To the public museum was opened in December 1986. Museum opens at 9.30. We reached him somewhere at ten to ten. The people were many, despite the fact that the drizzling rain. In general, stood in line for an hour. And the people all come and come the end of the queue was no longer visible. We come a little later, would stand in line for much longer ... Assessing the situation, decided to buy the "museum card" for 4 days, giving the right to visit certain museums, bypassing the enormously long queue at the cashier. A fresh look at Edouard Manet, had special feelings did not cause his work. And then, as if his eyes were opened: it has a special color, thin light transmission. Famous paintings such as "Olympia", "Breakfast on the Grass", "Balcony", appeared in a different light. Emphasis on the word "light", because no printing does not pass this special light.More about the color of the walls of the museum: they are in all rooms are different: blue, brown, olive, red bilberry, purple, etc. And how interesting patterns fit into this color: a contrast, we complement each other. But when we look at the pictures, the surrounding colors also affect our eyesight. As a result, the synthesis of these visual impressions we have a way of painting. For the most part in the d'Orsay is done very well.
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009