on July 28, 2002
This square’s name was changed many times. Originally Nikolaev Square, later Teveleva square, Soviet Ukraine square, finally Constitution square. On the south-western side of the Nikolaev Square (Soviet Ukraine Square) there were trade houses of Dobrinin (1880), in place of which in 1915-1916 a house of insurance company "Russia" was built (Labor Palace) as well as a shop of Ponamarev's and Ryzhov's products, where now there is a "Lux" shop.
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009