on December 13, 2000
It was built between 1732 and 1763, by the initiative of the Poor
Clergymen Brotherhood. The plan was ordered to the Italian architect Nicolau Nasoni. The church’s façade is profusely decorated with baroque elements and the interior has rich wood engravings. The tower is regarded as one of Nasoni’s masterpieces thanks to its harmonious proportions and to its decorative richness, and it became one of Porto’s ex libris. It has 75 meters of high.
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009