on November 11, 2000
When you're on the trail, you carry as little as possible. We had one set of lightweight pots and minimal utensils. Plus, due to a communication breakdown, we also didn't have the recipes for most of our meals. Good thing we'd pre-measured ingredients before leaving civilization!
* 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
* 2/3 cup powdered milk
* mint flavouring
* 1 box chocolate cookie crumbs (we used Oreo)
1. Add water to powdered milk until it looks like milk. Beat with mini-whisk
2. Add 'milk' and mint flavouring (to taste) to pudding mix, in large Ziploc bag. Seal, and mix by hand.
3. To serve, add pudding to bowl, on top of cookie crumbs. Sprinkle more cookie crumbs on top....Enjoy!
Once mixed, the pudding was a neon-green colour, and looked rather disgusting, but it tasted really good.
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009