What a MISTAKE!


Member Rating 1 out of 5 by a traveler from Travelocity.com on December 29, 2007

The non-smoking room smelled like a local bar on Sunday morning after a really rowdy Saturday night. Not only was there the underlying smell of mold or mildew in the room, but there was a very strong smell of stale cigarette smoke. We complained about the smell and were told that the only other available room would be in a completely different building. We repacked everything and headed over to the new room only to discover that there was only one bed as opposed to the two that we had in the first room and needed in the new one. Off to a third room which was located in yet another building. The smell is better despite a close look showing urine stains on the toilet base, either blood or red mold on the bathroom ceiling and enough hair in and around the bathroom floor to make a nice donation to Hair Club for Men. The pool is just outside this latest room...but no worries since it is closed for repair. Unfortunately the repairs began with hammer banging at a little before 8:00 on Saturday morning...by the way, we couldn't get to sleep until 3:00, mostly due to the intense lighting flooding the room through and around the curtains. After making a complaint call to the front desk, we heard a call come across the radio that the pool workers were carrying. No hammering until after 11:00 check-out. Maybe a chance for sleep? NOT! The hammering was promptly replaced with the screech of a screw gun. I complained once again to the manager and was offered a meek apology and breakfast to make-up for the fact that I got little-or-no sleep. NEVER AGAIN!
Holiday Inn Hampton Conference Center
1815 W Mercury Blvd
Hampton, 23666
1-757-838-0200

http://www.igougo.com/tvly-review-r100573711-What_a_MISTAKE.html

©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009