a traveler from Travelocity.com
on May 5, 2011
This resort must have been amazing when it was brand new. The palace decorations/architecture are beautiful. Now though the hotel and room are musty smelling and damp. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The service was good depending on what server you got. Some went above and beyond others didn't when it came to drinks. Hit or miss. Food was very tasty but we all got food poisoning in a party of 7 at some point. Not sure from what since we wanted to sample everything and it tasted good. The food tasted better here than at other resorts I've been to but we never got sick before. The best restaurants we tried were the Japanese and French. My husband and I had the couples massage on the beach which was a great experience. It was very relaxing and we enjoyed that a lot. The spa is very nice. We had a 2 yr old with us and he went outside to look out over the railing and his clothes got bleached at 8 in the morning. Be careful! They bleach the outside railing every morning so you might get your clothes ruined if you lean against the railing taking pictures of the breathtaking views. The manager gave us 2 free T-shirts for our son to make up for it but I'm still concerned about the safety of him getting bleach on his clothes/hands, mouth. This resort is not kid friendly as we were worried about the safety with the bleach and food poisoning for the 2 yr old. The entertainment was fun at night but would not go back here again.
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009