a traveler from Travelocity.com
on August 10, 2010
Not a 5 star resort, and doesn't pretend to be. But 4 stars is not a stretch. Recently renovated, so everything looks new.
First, the bad...
- Layout purposely keeps all rooms away from beach view, not sure why. It's like apartment living.
- Today, travelers have a number of devices that need constant charging. Amazing how few available outlets there are in the rooms for this.
- On consecutive days, the resort ran out beach/pool towels by noon. Simply not acceptable.
- All meals are ala carte, meaning you get up and get your food. That's OK. But during every meal, something would run out, leaving you waiting for the busboy with the new cups, or forks, or plates.
- My first all inclusive food/drink resort where there are automatic coffee machines - not a good touch.
- Very few quality liquor choices available. Best rum was Barcelo.
- The desserts were just plain bad.
- Latino men have tough time with customer service, a fact I know being a Latino man. Most of them here try very hard, but some just weren't smiling enough.
- Amazing beach. Palms everywhere. Powdery sand. Incredible ocean.
- Pretty pool too.
- Impressive food and bar service.
- Food quality good enough for this price. Those who complain aren't taking that into consideration. Very fresh salads, lots of meat choices, fresh breads, soups, etc.
- The best damn oatmeal I've had - ever. Has me trying "Avena" recipes (w/out success) at home everyday.
- Very clean everywhere.
- Entertainers all converse well in English, German, French, and of course, Spanish
- Pretty good nightly entertainment, too.
All in all, highly recommended!
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009