Dirty, Moldy Rooms and Terrible Serive

Member Rating 1 out of 5 by a traveler from Travelocity.com on January 23, 2010

Our room was terribly nasty. We noticed a very strong smell of bleach when first entering the room on the first night. The floors and ceilings had mold completely covering every inch. The rubber backed rugs next to the beds were covered with mold. The ceilings had a lot water damage which was molding as well. In addition, the first two nights we were awakened at 4am by a loud clunking noise coming from the air conditioning unit to which a maintenance man fix with a coat hanger. The third night we were awakened by the fire alarm, however it did not go off in my sister room just down the hall. The property outside of the rooms was nice. The food was great. The service in the bar areas was terrible as well. We sometimes would wait up to 15 minutes for a drink. When paying $* per person for 5 night/6 day trip, I expected the living quaters to be at least comfortable.
Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort
P.O. Box 100
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
(876) 974-2200


©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009