a traveler from Travelocity.com
on July 27, 2009
Here is a list of what I wish I had known before booking our room:
1) ALL parking is valet, NO free parking unless your stay is on the weekend and you're lucky enough to get a metered spot. (Valet is $15 a night)
2) Main rooms are SMALL! S*M*A*L*L!!!!!!! We had a room with a King size bed and that was it! Upgrade if you can when you book...we tried to when we arrived and all other rooms were sold out.
3) The hotel pictures look like it's a beautiful modern hotel...IT'S NOT modern! I loved the architecture of the old style feel but NOT what were were expecting.
4) With a "non refundable" room, we felt trapped! The room was so hot and it was hard to find the thermostat! (unusually placed behind the bathroom door).
5) The Poter Steak House restaurant in the hotel had great food, but be aware EVERYTHING is ala-cart! We drank water and still had a bill of over $100, and that's with NO salads!
6) The hotel is close to main attractions, it's only a few blocks from the aquarium.
7) Room service closes at 10pm...If you're going to have a late check in, eat before you get there! FYI, there is a local diner that is open 24/7, they serve full menu 14/7 as well...Good "Plan B" if you need one.
I hope this helps some travelers make a more "enlightened" decision to stay here or keep looking....These are things I wish I had known before we booked our room! ;)
~Nashville, TN Travelers
©Travelocity.com LP 2000-2009