Results 1-2of 2 Reviews
August 25, 2010
July 13, 2005
* Surroundings that make you feel like you have found a piece of paradise
* Rooms nicely decorated and clean
* Quiet and quaint
* Staff was very disorganized and seemed annoyed by our requests.
* Upon arrival, we were informed that the award-winning restaurant had been closed. Double check to see if food will be available when you arrive or if you will need to make other arrangements.
Overall: The Inn on the Blue Horizon is a beautiful place, but there were so many things they could do better to make this place a truly memorable experience. I would like to think that our experience was unique and that normally they do a much better job of making their visitors feel welcome. For $200 per night (they charge $25 per person for additional guests), I felt let down.
*You do need a car on Vieques, so call ahead and make arrangements before you even get there.
*The bugs are bad, especially after it rains, so bring bug spray and WEAR it!
* There is no beach right at the hotel for swimming. However, they do have a nice pool to take a dip.
From journal Vieques . . . worth the trip to swim in fairy dust