April 30, 2005
There are several reasons, however, why one might choose the El Dorado.
1. El Dorado is jointly owned by an American of Italian descent, the mighty Dan Ficarelli, and his Philippino partner, Lucy. Dan goes out of his way to be of help, and his lively and vibrant personality makes all the difference to your stay.
2. El Dorado has a fantastic round bar which attracts the English-speaking expatriate crowd (Yanks, Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, etc.) with their wives and girlfriends, as well as the tourist crowd.
3. The music of the bar is second to none, and the prices are more than reasonable.
4. El Dorado has the best-value meals in Palawan, with HUGE prawn portions at just four euros per portion.
5. The best sunset views are from El Dorado.
From journal Port Barton-Unknown To The Masses