Maui Journals

My AWSOME Vacation on Maui

A May 2001 trip to Maui by glaufer

Honolua Bay Photo, Maui, Hawaii More Photos
Quote: In 2001, I took one of the best vacations of my life. Maui, Hawaii is on the the most spectacular places on earth. If I could have found a way, I would have stayed!

My AWSOME Vacation on Maui

Relaxing was the best part of the whole trip. To just lay on the beach and by the pool doing nothing was fantastic. On this trip to Maui I also did the Trilogy trip to Lana'i. This was the best part of the whole trip. Every part of the trip was perfect. I went snorkeling in one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. Another fun part of the trip was the drive to Hana. I just took my time getting there AND watched the curves go by. Quick Tips: Go snorkeling at Honalua Bay, past the Ritz Carleton. Rent your snorkel gear at your hotel. It only cost me about for the whole day of snorkeling. Take a lunch and some good walking shoes. Best Way To Get Around: I rented a truck from Budget f...Read More

Papakea

Hotel

This was a very comfortable place to stay for a couple of nights. The grounds are very well kept. The room was a little out of date and could have used some improvement. We had several rooms on this trip. They all have kitchens and seperate living rooms. The beds were moderatly comfortable. Each room varies greatly. We had one really nice well kept room and we also had one that was in need of some TLC. Its a good idea to ask to see the room before you check in.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 29, 2002

Papakea
Lower Honoapiilani Road
Maui, Hawaii

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa

Hotel | "Embassy Vacation Club"

Best Things Nearby:Beach, Snorkeling, Hiking, Biking, Shopping, Dining.Best Things About the Resort:The POOL was Fantastic!Resort Experience:This is a great timeshare. The resort was so great that I purchased a week of vacation at this resort. The rooms are fantastic. Each room has a 35" television and sound system. The bathroom is all marble and huge. There really is no kitchen at this timeshare. You get a mini-fridge and microwave. They have a breakfast buffet (which you have to pay for). The pool is huge. You can lounge around all day and never be bothered by anyone else. There is a waterslide for the kids. The is one of the best locations I hav...Read More

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa
104 Kaanapali Shores Place
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
1-808-661-2000

Cheeseburger Paradise is a MUST in Hawaii. The food is good. The atomosphere is great and the staff in fun. The best burgers on the island.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 29, 2002

Cheeseburger in Paradise
811 Front Street
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761

Maui Downhill Bicycle Safaris

Attraction | "Maui Downhill"

This was a truely awsome experience. You cycle down the side of a volcano at 30 mph. The turns are the worst part - you have to navigate 30 hairpin turns in about 5 miles. When you get to the bottom you're really amazed at how high you started out.

Maui Downhill Bicycle Safaris
199 Dairy Road
Kahului, Hawaii 96732
+1 808 871 2155

Honolua Bay

Attraction | "Snorkeling"

Honolua Bay Photo, Maui, Hawaii
The snorkeling at Honolua Bay was fantastic. The fish and sealife were beautiful. The vivid colors of the fish are as bright as a rainbow. The beach is rocky, so take a good pair of shoes. Take your lunch and spend the day. There is no fee - ask at your resort how to get there.

Honolua Bay