San Diego Journals

Diverse San Diego

A travel journal to San Diego by callen97

Quote: I never run out of new places to visit and things to do.

Diverse San Diego

There is so much to choose from within an hours drive from downtown San Diego. You can hang out at the beach or head to the mountains for some hiking. I love going over to Coronado Island where there are little shops and great places to eat. Be sure to stop by Moo-Time for some fabulous ice cream.

Definitely visit the farmers markets! There is one in Ocean Beach on Newport Avenue every Wednesday evening. Also at Mission Beach on Saturday mornings, near the boardwalk.

Aladdin Mediterranean Cafe

Restaurant | "Aladdins"

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is excellent and the service is very friendly. My friend and I are always trying new places, and this is one we love to revisit. We sampled the appetizers and gyros, but our favorite is the dessert. It resembles a flan with the texture of jello - absolutely fabulous.

Aladdin Mediterranean Cafe
5420 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, California 92117
+1 858 573 0000

Try Thai

This is a fabulous small restaurant with a family-owned atmosphere. I have tried almost everything on the menu and there isn't one bad item. They have great lunch specials under $10 that include appetizer, salad, rice, fruit and main course. I always have leftovers. Be patient while ordering over the phone, because sometimes the employees get side-tracked.

Try Thai
407 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, California 92108

Balboa Park

The architecture is fabulous. Within the park there are many museums, some cost to get in. There are restaurants and usually private vendors who are selling beautiful hand-made crafts.

Balboa Park
1549 El Prado
San Diego, California 92101
(619) 239 0512

Attraction | "Coronado"

This is my favorite beach in California. It's very clean and wide open. I never feel overcrowded. It is a family beach, so don't expect wild parties, but there are plenty of young people and lots of volleyball going on during the summer.

San Diego, California 92118