Cabo San Lucas Journals

Two Weeks of Sunshine in Cabo

A January 1999 trip to Cabo San Lucas by Linda L

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Resort Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico More Photos
Quote: Two weeks of sunshine in Cabo San Lucas. The weather was perfect. We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco.

Two Weeks of Sunshine in Cabo

January is a great time of year for whale watching. We went on a large ship and saw many whales. It was exciting. They served drinks and hot dogs near the end of the tour. We also went fishing. It was very rough that day. I took some motion sickness pills (We purchased them at a pharmacy). Probably took too much. Got very sleepy. Woke up when my husband, Jeff had a big fish on his hook. It turned out to be a 'Wahoo' 70lb 67'. We had the locals fillet it. Then took it back to our unit and cut it in smaller portions. Put them in freezer bags and had the Resort put it in their freezer. We brought home over 45 lbs of delicious fish. Quick Tips: Staying in the Golden Zone is very co...Read More

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Resort

Hotel | "Pueblo Bonito Resort Los Cabos"

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Resort Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We were in a one bedroom unit. We had a balcony overlooking the Sea of Cortez. This is the older of the two Pueblo Bonito Resorts. We prefer the older. It had much character. Wood carved furniture. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It is a first class resort. The pool is beautiful and always warm and clean. We looked at alot of other resorts. Some are newer and in the San Jose del Cabo area. This is not as convenient.

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Resort
Playa El Médano S/N, Auroras
+52 (624) 142 9797

The Office

Great eating place, right on the beach. The table and chairs are out in the sand on the beach. They have great breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice for about $3.00 - $4.00. They serve lunch and dinner also. The also have Happy Hour in the afternoon. They have good fish specials daily. The service is GREAT!!! A place not to miss.

The Office
Playa El Médano
Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, México

Captain Tony's

Restaurant | "Tony's on the Beach"

Tony's has a great shrimp and cheese entree. They are jumbo shrimp broiled and covered with a rich cheese sauce. It was delicious. I think they were also wrapped in bacon. They, of course, serve chips and salsa. The salsa is home made or, at least, tastes fresh. Their service is exceptional. They also have a Happy Hour.

Captain Tony's
Marina at Costa Real Cabo
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
+52 (624) 143-6797

Playa Medano

Attraction | "Playa el Medano"

Playa Medano Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
It was wonderful. You can see the 'Arch'. It is a beatiful area in Mexico. The area of beach near the Pueblo Bonito is safe for swimming. Some waves but not too big.

Playa Medano
South of downtown and the marina
not applicable

Solmar Fleet

Attraction | "Sol Mar Fleet"

My husband and I were the only two fishing persons on this boat. It was very rough at sea this day. I took some motion sickness pills. Got very sleepy. I would recommend getting the patch of motion sickness if you are planning on going fishing. We have talked with others that say this is the best. My husband caught a 'Wahoo'. 70 lbs and about 68'. We brought home about 45 lbs of fish. Great eating light white fish.

Solmar Fleet