Prague Journals

A Month In Prague

A May 1997 trip to Prague by mcronin

Quote: I spent a month in Prague studying about the CR's preparations for accession into the EU. Here's some highlights of my favorite memories of Prague and the Czech Republic

A Month In Prague

The bridge, the River, the castles, the mountains

Bohemia Bagel

For travelers on a budget this place is great for sustaining your appetite and interest in meeting other travelers. A lot of Americans find there way here, probably because the food is tasty, cheap, and the people all speak English very well. The atmosphere is totally relaxed and young - mostly frequented by transient folk getting their daytime nourishment while touring the city.

If you're travelling alone I definitely recommend this place as a good spot to find some people to head to the next destination with.

Bohemia Bagel
Ujezd, 16
Prague, Czech Republic 11000
+420 2 53 10 02

Hiking - Snezka

Attraction | "Snezka"

Hiking to the top of Snezka was a pretty cool little jaunt with some good views of interesting terrain and nice people.

While the hike itself wasn't incredibly hard we did go one for quite a while. After reaching the summit and looking West into the Czech Republic & East into Poland we wandered down into Poland and followed the trail to a nice mountain lodge. we stayed here for dinner while a storm passed through before returning to the Czech Republic along a lower atlitude traverse.

Hiking - Snezka
NE Bohemia / Borders Poland
Prague, Czech Republic

Prague National Theater

Attraction | "Spring Music Festival"

The national theatre is a fantastic place to take in some classical music or an Opera. I was there during the Spring Music Festival and had the opportunty to take in a classical show with a guest Opera singer. Not that I take in a lot of these shows but I can definitely say that this one was great.

Prague National Theater