Flagstaff Journals

Northern Arizona August

An August 2002 trip to Flagstaff by hwlrmnky

Quote: We were invited to a wedding in Sedona so we decided in visit Flagstaff, where I used to live, first. Between the lovely ceremony and the Pink Jeep tour, it was a fun and varied time!

Northern Arizona August

Summer visitors to Flagstaff should make time to ride the ski lift at Snow Bowl. The view is outstanding and it will give you time to catch up with your friend, spouse or child. If you don't mind a little red dust, a trip to Sedona demands a jeep tour.

Take the inside passage through Oak Creek Canyon from Flagstaff to Sedona, or vice-versa. It is safe during the summer--no snow--and the forest and red rocks are truly wonderous.

Private car to and around Flagstaff. Private car to and around Sedona, though the main tourist drag can be walked.

L'Auberge De Sedona

Hotel

We were in a one-bedroom garden suite in early August. As I mentioned in my overview, we were in Sedona for a wedding, so our "enjoyment patterns" were different than those for someone who was having a quiet getaway. Regardless, I came away with an average-to-poor impression of the accommodations at L''Auberge. On the one hand, the cottage was spacious and well-equipped, with king-sized bed, dining area, loveseat and fireplace living area, and a bathroom with large vanity and door between the toilet and vanity areas. On the other--much heavier--hand, I was surprised that the cottages command prices upwards of $250 per night. I have stayed at a variety of properties in this range (Loews, Shutters, Hyat...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on January 20, 2002

L'Auberge De Sedona
301 Little Lane
Sedona, Arizona 86336

Conifer House

Hotel | "Conifer House B&B Inn, Flagstaff"

We stayed in the Ponderosa Room and it was wonderful. We also snuck a peek at the Nantucket, Kensington, and Bungalow rooms right after housekeeping and they are all attractive, spacious, warm and classy. The Ponderosa was selected for us by Lauren, the innkeeper, because I had emailed her explaining my need to nap during the afternoons and she explained it was the most secluded. She was right, it was terrific. The entire property is very peaceful and quiet, however, so I am sure that when I return I would be able to nap in any of the rooms. The Ponderosa''s king-sized bed was very comfortable and had luxurious linens. The two-person jacuzzi tub was a delight and Lauren supplies bath crystals. T...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 17, 2002