Dallas Journals

Dallas as I experience it

Best of IgoUgo

A travel journal to Dallas by juliejaynak

Cafe Brazil Photo, Dallas, Texas More Photos
Quote: Slowly but surely- I'll get to try all the bars & restaurants of my own hometown!

The Walrus and the Carpenter

Restaurant | "Tiny Oyster Bar- but very popular!"

This is me testing out the new business card function. This location did not exist in our database until now. I'm not a big oyster person, but since my boyfriend is a vegetarian/pescetarian, we came here. They don't take reservations, and we were lucky enough to get there around 6pm and have an hour wait for a table. They only see about 40-50 people at capacity- so this place is VERY intimate/tiny! We had 3 different types of oysters & champagne to start off with. Then I got the prosciutto, goat cheese & fig plate. We split the turnip salad with pomegranate vinegiarette which was surprisingly good, and finished with the smoked trout with creme friache- definitely the best dish of the night!...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 14, 2013

The Walrus and the Carpenter
4743 Ballard Ave Nw
Seattle, washington 98107

Pike Place Market

Attraction | "Hope you like fresh fish!"

I went there this weekend and saw TONS of fresh seafood. It was quite large! We stopped by to see the guys who throw the fish- unfortunately they weren't throwing any fish at the time. The "Gum Wall" is also there- so you can stop by to see that. There's tons of vendors giving away free samples of cheese, chocolate and more! Great place to spend an afternoon. We also went to the The Pike Brewing Company to sample some of their local craft beer- highly recommend!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 14, 2013

Pike Place Market
85 Pike Street
Seattle, Washington 98101

Cafe Brazil

Restaurant | "Always delicious, cheap & casual"

Cafe Brazil Photo, Dallas, Texas
Great place for coffee & breakfast- or lunch or dinner! Open very late. You can even buy coffee by the pound- as they specialize in flavored brews, both caff & decaf. I always get migas- and they never disappoint! Free wi-fi makes it a great place for students or independent workers.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 3, 2013

Cafe Brazil
3847 Cedar Springs Road
Dallas, Texas 75219

W Dallas Victory Hotel

Hotel | "Ultimate luxury hotel in Downtown Dallas"

W Dallas Victory Hotel Photo, Dallas, Texas
If you're familiar with the "W" chain of Starwood hotels, then this is no surprise to you, that The W is one swanky hotel.

I stayed one night with almost 8 girlfriends- in 2 separate rooms- over a year ago. The pool is up at the top of the high rise, and is quite the posh place to see and be seen. We crammed into these rooms, and the only way we were allowed to do so was because we said we were "family"! If you're wanting a fancy night on the town, definitely visit the bar. You'll have a great time people watching and seeing all the "pretty" people hang out.

Service, atsmophere and decor all make this a very luxurious experience!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 3, 2013

W Dallas Victory Hotel
2440 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, Texas 75219
866-539-8117

Urban Vines Wine Bistro

Restaurant | "Delightfully laid back wine bar!"

This wine bar just opened in June of 2013, and I the only reason I learned of this place is because the owner is a friend and cohort of one of my best friends. She's an attorney who just happend to "go for it" and make her dream of owning a wine bar a reality. This prime Lakewood location became available and "voila"! it was born!A lot of wine bars in the Dallas area are kind of pretentious- and if they're not pretentious, they're just a "nicer" affair to get dressed up for and go out with friends etc. This place is so local and laid back- it is the opposite of that. That is EXACTLY why I like this place. My girlfriend and I like it so much we'll now just say "You want to meet at the win...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 13, 2013