Rome Journals

Example of a Trip I Took

A September 2013 trip to Rome by IgoEditors

Fishermans Wharf Photo, San Francisco, California More Photos
Quote: Did you go with friends? Business? Family?

Hotel ZaZa - Houston

Hotel | "(Test) Posh luxury"

Test hotel review- This is a fabulous luxury hotel in midtown Houston. Very swanky. The bar scene is always hopping for happy hour. Room service was excellent- no need to leave. The concierge is also top notch and are there to cater to your every whim. You should definitely stay here if you can afford it! Close to the football stadium- Reliant- and other fun midtown bars & nightlife.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 15, 2013

Hotel ZaZa - Houston
5701 MAIN STREET
Houston, Texas 77005
713-526-1991

Kakadu National Park

Attraction | "Test Review"

Kakadu National Park Photo, Northern Territory, Australia
Nellie Huang went to this park, and we shared her experience on the blog! She said:

"Gorgeous secluded waterfalls, rough rocky landscape and unspoiled greenery are peppered throughout the huge Kakadu National Park. This area is found in the Top End, where the proximity to the Equator gives it a humid tropical climate. Our tour through Kakadu was thrilling and exciting as we clambered over boulders to get to the stunning lookout point where we grazed upon Arnhem Land, hiked up steep slopes to find Aboriginal rock art and took respite in the waterfalls."

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 21, 2013

Kakadu National Park
South Alligator, Northern Territory
Darwin, Australia

The House of Blues Dallas

Attraction | "Always a good music venue!"

I love going ot this venue to see a show for several reasons:

1) Location- downtown Dallas can't be beat!
2) The best view/tickets that get you closest to the stage are the standing room/floor tickets- and the best part is that they're the CHEAPEST!
3) It also has seats if you'd rather sit down- which is ALWAYS important
4) The drinks are average priced/decent
5) The acoustics are awesome! You never have to worry about anything being distorted or not being able to hear.

If there's a band playing there that you like, I always recommend that venue. Fun place!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 3, 2013

The House of Blues Dallas
2200 N. Lamar Street
Dallas, Texas

The Ballpark in Arlington

Attraction | "Fun place- just not optimal for Texas weather"

Just another night at the Ballpark! Photo, Arlington, Texas
The Ballpark in Arlington is nearly 20 years old- I know this, because I was a child when it opened. At the time, it was a beautiful, brand new stadium and everyone was really excited about it. The food was great! Everything was shiny and new and very "classically" branded.I thought it was great- until I went to Minute Maid Park in Houston....and then realized we got gipped. The Minute Maid Ballpark has a RETRACTABLE ROOF! This is AMAZING during the summer months of PRIME baseball season- and quite frankly very crucial to getting people to come out. Rain or shine- you can always watch a baseball game in the comfort of air conditioning.Having an open air baseball stadium is ju...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 26, 2013

The Ballpark in Arlington
1000 Ballpark Way- Exit Nolan Ryan Expressway
Arlington, Texas 76011

Fisherman's Wharf

Attraction | "When in Rome (or San Francisco) it's a must visit"

Fisherman's Wharf Photo, San Francisco, California
Because San Francisco is "The City on the Bay", going to the Fisherman's Wharf is a must. There are tons of tourist trap type shops- but it's also a great place to just pop into one of the many restaurants on the water for a drink or two. I would also recommend renting a bicycle if you'd like to make it a bit more fast-paced/interesting- the wharf and all the streets there are all very bike friendly and are required to share the road with cyclists.

The other obvious recommendation is to have some seafood- I mean, you ARE on the Fisherman's Wharf?!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 25, 2013

Fisherman's Wharf
The Embarcadero
San Francisco, California
415/956-3493

Rodeo Goat

Restaurant | "Best Burger in DFW- for a reason!"

I made my way over to Fort Worth the other night and was introduced to this place by a "local" friend of mine. This place is very relaxed and chill- but their burgers are unique, out of this world combinations that I've honestly never seen before!In order to really get a feel for their uniqueness, i strongly suggest you check out their menu: http://www.rodeogoat.com/I had the Telluride, and can vouch that it was delicious! Between the goat cheese spread and the Hatch chili chutney, I can't say I necessarily paid attention to the beef quality- but I assure it was delicious. They also proudly boast a long range of local beers from some great Dallas/Fort Worth brewerie...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 25, 2013