New York Journals

Trip to New York City

A November 2011 trip to New York by Rosario Concha

Quote: I went to New York for a week in fall, it was on a budget so I tried to optimize spending while not missing out.

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Attraction | "Get the audio-tour!"

I tried going on a guided tour, which was free, but I found it to be a little crowded since it was pay what you wish day... I decided to leave the guided tour and I got and audio-tour for $7 instead

I am a design major, so I really enjoyed exploring the museum while listening to the commentary, and learning the significance of each artwork... I went from 10 am to 4.30 pm (I didn't have lunch because I was having such a great time), and still missed some of the rooms! It is a huge museum with a beautiful selection, I really recommend it!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 21, 2011

Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10028

Central Park

Attraction | "Central Park, Plan it wisely!"

Central Park is always beautiful, but I do recommend that you plan your visit wisely!

I went there on a tuesday during the fall, and some of the attractions were closed (like the carousel and the chess tables), and after walking around for a while, it started to rain, so I had to make my visit short....

Although I did go to strawberry fields, which I loved, and everywhere the autumn leaves made a beautiful landscape! I do recommend it, just plan your visit ahead so that the attractions that you are interested in are open!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 21, 2011

Central Park
59th To 110th Streets Between Fifth Avenue And Central Park West
New York 10023

Brooklyn Bridge

Attraction | "Brooklyn Bridge - Great views!"

If you have the time, I do recommend that you cross the bridge by foot or bicycle (you can rent bicycles at the foot of the bridge for an hour or so, you don't really need more than that...), it has the best views of both Manhattan and Brooklyn!

I took many of my best photos on top of the bridge!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 21, 2011