Baltimore Journals

Baltimore Inner Harbour

A March 2001 trip to Baltimore by caheis

Quote: Baltimore has great shopping

Baltimore Inner Harbour

My daughter and I went away for a weekend. We went shopping at Inner Harbour, ate great food, and swam at the hotel pool.

Look for weekend supersaver rates at area hotels. We stayed at the Hyatt for about per night.

If you stay near Inner Harbour you can walk to everything.

Hyatt Regency Baltimore

Hotel | "Hyatt Inner Harbor"

We had a corner room and had a very limited view, but the hotel has a roof-top bar and dining room that has a great view of the harbor and the city. We went up for drinks only. There are stuffed chairs near the windows to rest and view the city.

Hyatt Regency Baltimore
300 LIGHT ST
410-528-1234

Omni

Hotel

We stayed here twice. We like the hotel because of the security. It is not downtown but is still within walking distance of the Harbor. My kids like the outside pool which is located on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The rooms in the tower are large. The hotel is has a sports bar on the ground level but nothing for kids to do. It also has a gift shop with snacks.

Omni
Near the Harbor
Baltimore, Maryland

Phillips is one of my favorite places to eat. The seafood is fresh and the dinners are always excellent. We also go to Phillips Seafood Houses in Ocean City Maryland. If you like seafood, this is the place to eat in Baltimore. The crab soup is great.

Phillips Harborplace
301 Light St
Baltimore, Maryland 21202

The museum is all hands-on. You can touch and learn all about different science things at the museum. We like the IMAX theater. All the films are well done. The one on Everest is my favorite. There is also a snack bar for parents. Since my kids are older, I left them explore the center on their own. The knew I would be waiting for them downstairs. One trip is usually enough to see everything. Allow 2-4 hours.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 30, 2001

Maryland Science Center
601 Light St
Baltimore, Maryland 21230

ESPN Zone

Never having gone to an ESPN Zone before, I was impressed with all the amusement-type things to do here. The kids get a credit card that you buy for $25. This card gets inserted in all the games and credits are deducted. When the card is empty, you can add more money to the card to allow your kids to keep playing. We bowled, played basketball, climbed rocks, fished, rode motorcyles and played video games. IT WAS GREAT.

ESPN Zone