Las Vegas Journals

Las Vegas in October

An October 2001 trip to Las Vegas by caheis

Quote: There is nothing better than going to Las Vegas in October. The weather is still in the 80's and the pools are wonderful.

Las Vegas in October

My best friend and I stayed at the Mirage on the strip. The location is close to many other casinos and was ideal for shopping. The pool at the Mirage is huge and beautiful.

If you like the sun, but not the heat, Las Vegas is great in October.

We walked to Caesar's and the Venetian for shopping. I suggest Manadalay Bay Casino for dinner. You will need a taxi.

Mirage Hotel and Casino

Hotel | "The Mirage"

We had a pool-view room. Normally it costs you $25 extra for a pool side view but at check-in I asked if any were available at no extra cost, and we were given a great room. The beds are queen size. The rooms are moderately sized and well worth the cost.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 30, 2001

Mirage Hotel and Casino
3400 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

House of Blues

We were seated in the bar area to wait for our table. The staff were very friendly and offered tips on what was really good on the menu. We had a great meal. I had a burger but it was wonderful. My friend had chicken that she thought was also great.

House of Blues
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
(702) 632 7600

Wax Museum

Attraction | "The Wax Museum"

Look for discount tickets in the Las Vegas guides. The wax museum is located at the Venetian Hotel and Casino. We were able to walk right up to the wax figures and touch all but their faces. We saw Jerry Springer, Cher, Arnold, Nick Cage, Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc. It is really worth going to see. We had the most fun taking pictures with the stars.

Wax Museum
3355 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada

Red Square

What a place! The bar has an ice top to help keep your drinks cold. The drink menu is a riot to read. Vodoka is the drink. We had several different drinks and had a great time. This is a must see for all bar hoppers in Vegas.

Red Square