Roatan Journals

Going back Home to Roatan

A travel journal to Roatan by navajor

Bananarama Diving Resort Photo, Roatan, Honduras More Photos
Quote: The place I love to see sunsets and night dive!

Cool Beans Coffee House

Restaurant | "Our coffee house away from home"

Cool Beans Coffee House Photo, Roatan, Honduras
I came across Cool Beans while staying in west end. I think we went to Cool Beans everyday!! I found shelter from the unseasonable rain our first day on the island, and it was the perfect place for a wonderful cup of coffee. My favorite was the ice cold, blended coffee and Myra's home-baked goodies can not be passed on. Myra and Tom were so friendly and inviting and it became our local hangout. They gave me advice on sights to see on the island and even helped me book a private masseuse to come to my room. When passing through West Bay you must stop in for some coffee and a treat at Cool Beans!

Cool Beans Coffee House
West Bay Mall
West Bay, Bay Islands
504-445-5048

Tong's Thai Island Cuisine

Restaurant | "Great Thai on Roatan"

Tong's Thai Island Cuisine Photo, Roatan, Honduras
I've had the pleasure of dining at Tong's on my last two trips to Roatan.-Tong's offers some of the best Thai food you'll eat anywhere. No matter what you order on the menu, both the plate presentation and the food are of the highest quality. The fact that you will dine overlooking the Caribbean Sea doesn't hurt either!-Tong's is pricey by Roatan standards, but you will definitely get what you pay for! Two thumbs up!

Tong's Thai Island Cuisine
West End
West End, Bay Islands

Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar

Restaurant | "Awesome ambiance, gourmet menu, perfectly presented."

Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar Photo, Roatan, Honduras
The food was AMAZING! I got the lobster tails while my husband ordered the salmon- both were extremely delicious! Terry was an excellent host / server and very knowledgeable about the the wine and cigar selection offered at the restaurant. The dimly lit atmosphere was very relaxing and serene, and there is nothing like having to take your shoes off to dine in a 5 star restaurant!!! The entree menu is limited and varies from day to day, since the restaurant depends on the freshest catches of the day and local ingredients available, resulting in the highest quality cuisine!

Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar
West Bay, Bay Islands

West Bay Beach

Attraction | "One of the most incredible beaches I have ever visited"

West Bay Beach Photo, Roatan, Honduras
We got transportation to the beach which was prearranged and cheap (10 dollars) We payed to use the pool and chairs at Mayan Princess (10 dollars) and then enjoyed the most amazing white sand crystal water beaches I have ever encountered. The sand is powder, the water was about 85 degrees.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 17, 2010

Roatan Island, Honduras

Gumbalimba Park

Attraction | "Canopy tour and Gumbalimba Park"

Gumbalimba Park Photo, Roatan, Honduras
The only excursion away from the resort that we did was the canopy tour and Gumbalimba Park. The canopy tour was exciting, and the tour they do at Gumbalimba with the cave, monkeys, and birds was decent. Not really a whole lot to do at Gumbalimba. Didn't stay there too long. They do have a nice pool area with a beach area as well.

Gumbalimba Park
Roatan
Roatan

Bananarama Diving Resort

Hotel | "Bananarama is the place to be in Roatan!"

Bananarama Diving Resort Photo, Roatan, Honduras
Bananarama has air conditioning, relaxing atmosphere, easy going, fun, clean, beautiful and right on the beach. We definitely got all of the above at Bananarama. I think our house was the best #25 - it was farthest away from any other building at the resort and about ten steps away from the ocean. All staff members were wonderful!!! Carolina actually met us at the airport with gifts to say goodbye - amazing!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 17, 2010