Costa Rica Journals

Loved Golfo de Papagayo in Guanacaste

A travel journal to Costa Rica by navajor

Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa Photo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica More Photos
Quote: Vacation in Guanacaste

Aqua Discoteque

Restaurant | "Largest bar in Tamarindo"

Had dinner at Koi upstairs, ummmmm!!!! And normally I wouldn't go to a disco, but I gotta admit I got suckered in. Huge bar with really great bartenders and everyone and I mean everyone is dancing. Got to admit I'm not much of a dancer, not that it mattered, next thing I know I'm out on the floor!!!

Aqua Discoteque
Tamarindo beach
Costa Rica, Central America

Blue Dolphin Sailing

Attraction | "Perfect sailing and snorkeling experience! A must!"

Blue Dolphin Sailing Photo, Costa Rica, Central America
I was a little hesitant to do another "snorkeling/sailing exursion". The last thing I wanted was a big boat to drop me in the water with a ton of other snorkelers so i opted for the blue dolphin. Man, what a great trip! First of all, the vistas of the coast leaving the habor area are stunning. You just can't capture the overall beauty of the area from land. The boat itself is beautiful and a great size for this kind of day sail.

Blue Dolphin Sailing
Tamarindo Beach
Costa Rica, Central America

Here I come Photo, Costa Rica, Central America
Surfing was one of the activities we want to do. We found Point Break online with great reviews and decided to try them. The response from Natasha was very quick and it was extremely easy to work out all the details,

She picked us up from our hotel on time and we had an amazing surfing lesson. I was able to get up fairly quickly and follow his instructions. The price is amazing for the service that you get. I highly recommend it!!

Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa

Hotel | "Great hotel, wonderful food, awesome staff!""

Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa Photo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
We had a wonderful few days here. Great accommodations. First visit to Costa Rica and we're already talking about returning. People here were all very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable; food was very good; staff was more than helpful at every turn. We brought our catch from a fishing trip to the chef and he prepared a very special dinner for my husband and I. It was awesome! This was our first all-inclusive experience and its the way to go. This is a first-class resort and a beautiful vacation spot. Only downside - not long enough stay! The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel is not far from Hermosa and Coco Beach where there is shopping and nightlife. Would strongly re...Read More

Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa
GOLFO DE PAPAGAYO
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
506-2672-0000

Nibbana Beach Bar & Restaurant

Restaurant | "Great Food and Service - Laid back and comfortable"

Nibbana Beach Bar & Restaurant Photo, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Lovely night, excellent food and the staff were very friendly we ate here almost everynight. It is important to know that Service is excellent... Drink specials Daily 2 for 1!!!! Food is fresh , delicious, and very reasonably priced.

Nibbana Beach Bar & Restaurant
Main Street
Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste
(506) 2653 0447

Palo Verde National Park

Attraction | "Amazing Wildlife Viewing"

Palo Verde National Park Photo, Costa Rica, Central America
On our recent trip to Costa Rica we took the Palo Verde boat tour and saw an incredible amount of wildlife up close and personal. In our two hours on the river, we saw many crocodiles, iguanas, and birds. We got some great pictures, and we had a very nice lunch afterwards.

It is mainly aimed towards students, but tourists are welcome. The accommodation is very basic / rustic - we had a simple room with 2 sets of bunk beds and our own bathroom.

Palo Verde National Park