Paris Journals

A Weekend in Paris

A travel journal to Paris by KatyRae

Eiffel Tower Photo, Paris, France More Photos
Quote: My husband and I spent a weekend away in Paris, France. Sadly, while we were there, France went on a national strike, which means: no public transportation, closed museums and attractions, and lots and lots of RAINY weather. But despite the conditions, we really managed to have an amazing time!

Musée du Louvre

Attraction | "Time at the Louvre"

The Louvre is a terrific experience for art lovers! I have to agree with the international assumption that the Louvre is one of the best art museums in the world: full of incredible history, art, and interior design.

I was surprised to find that the most "talked-about" art pieces were the least exciting to see. The Mona Lisa is small, and is so overcrowded with tourists that it almost isn't worth the wait. I really found myself intrigued by some of the lesser known sections of the Louvre - especially the home and interior design section museum - absolutely stunning!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 27, 2010

Musée du Louvre
99, rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001
+33 (1) 40 20 51 51

Eiffel Tower

Attraction | "Visiting the Eiffel Tower"

Eiffel Tower Photo, Paris, France
The Eiffel Tower was a fun place to visit: very touristy, but I do think I would have regretted not visiting. The tower is beautiful, especially at night, as are the surround fields and streets.

My suggestions: If you can, go when it's not tourist season (no spring or summer) - the top of the tower will be cold, but MUCH less crowded. After viewing the tower, enjoy a crepe at the crepe stand at the foot of the tower. If you're feeling really adventurous, board one of the boats for a free tour.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 27, 2010

Eiffel Tower
Champ De Mars
Paris 75007

Timhotel Palais Royal Louvre

Hotel | "An excellent place to stay!"

Timhotel Palais Royal Louvre Photo, Paris, France
We absolutely loved staying at the Timhotel Palais Royal Louvre! For the location and the rooms, the price was a steal. The rooms are small and quaint, but cute and warm - just what we needed in the midst of winter season. The beds are comfortable, and the staff is incredibly helpful - especially to American tourists (which was much appreciated).

This hotel is only steps away from some of the cities prime locations. Definitely worth a stay!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 27, 2010