Gatlinburg Journals

My Wedding

A March 2010 trip to Gatlinburg by hottienurse1970

Quote: We left for Gatlinburg on 03/25/10 and stayed the night in Atlanta at a La Quinta Inn. We arrived in Gatlinburg on 3/26/10 and were married on 3/27/10.

Day 1 Atlanta, Georgia

Cheesecake Factory

Restaurant | "A Must See Restaurant in Atlanta"

We went out of our way to find this place and got soooo lost, but we have to visit the Cheesecake Factory if we are staying in Atlanta. The decor/atmosphere was and is always the tops. My fiance had a seafood gumbo dish and I had a four cheese pasta. I am going to get better at doing this and remember the dishes exactly I order and get pictures, but for now this will have to do. They were both very good, just too much for me to eat and I have to save room for dessert at this restaurant. I ordered a peanut butter cheese cake/pie dessert and Rickey had Stephanie's special Red Velvet cheesecake dessert. It was HUGE! We had lots of leftovers and left stuffed.

Cheesecake Factory
4400 Ashford Dunwdy Rd NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30346

Day 2 The Honeymoon Resort

Honeymoon Resort (The)

Hotel | "Our Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokies"

We stayed here as part of our package with Chapel in the Glen. We stayed Friday night and Saturday night and check out was at 11:00 on Sunday. The cabin was nice and quiet and happened to be secluded as no one was staying at the next door cabin while we were there. Having stayed in a cabin in the smokies before, I felt that this cabin was a little bare. There was very little decoration and it was quite small. There was no one ever at the office, although we may have never gone up there during office hours. They had a basket at the office with a few extra towels and soap, and four towels at our cabin. With two people using a hot tub and taking a shower, two towels each didn't last us for the two...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on March 30, 2010

Honeymoon Resort (The)
P.O. Box 1098

IsThat4Me

Attraction | "Sweetheart Honeymoon Baskets Flowers and Gifts"

Went to this place and made MYSELF and my new husband a basket for us for our wedding day/night. I put just the stuff I wanted in it and the lady who owned the store made it into a beautiful basket. I was very pleased with my service and everything I purchased at this little shop!

IsThat4Me
2820 Old Country Way
Sevierville

Artist in Wood

Story/Tip

Otto Preske is another talented artist we met on our honeymoon. He had some quite fantastic mantles on display that he had carved. We bought a simple bird house that he sold us for very cheap! A friendly guy with a lot of talent!!

Just For You Gifts

Attraction | "Really a Shop/Didn't See Any Restaurant Inside"

Stopped in here on our trek thru the arts and crafts community on Glades Road in the less popular area of Gatlinburg. Met a guy we can't remember the name, that was extremely hyper. He had 8 Pekinnese dogs in the store and if you love dogs or love Pekinese dogs, you should definitely stop in. But, there was no restaurant that I could see. Maybe it used to be a restaurant. I love dogs so I didn't mind the pee pee on the floor or the occasional poop pile, but if your'e squeamish, you might want to avoid shopping in this little gift store.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on March 30, 2010

Just For You Gifts
459 Glades Road
Gatlinburg, Tennessee 37738

No Way Jose's Cantina

Restaurant | "The Best Marguerita of our trip!"

We had supper here our first night in Gatlinburg. We had the best margueritas of the whole trip at this restaurant and our waiter was super friendly, service was great. (We had Margueritas every night with supper) This mexican food was awesome and I recommend the Fajitas for two!!! Oh, and the marguerita with Patron!

No Way Jose's Cantina
555 Parkway

Day 3 Wedding Day

We were married on 03/27/10, and were quite pleased with the chapel, the minister, the planning and carrying out of our wedding. The community in the Glades was an artistic/quaint neighborhood and offered many shops in which to visit. We met a lot of friendly people and enjoyed ourselves immensely!

Artist's Attic

Story/Tip

You must go down Glade's Road kind of out of the way, and not in the main part of Gatlinburg. It is an arts and crafts community. And, I never thought I'd enjoy something so much. This particular artist, Linda Morrow, was very talented and sweet, too!!! I will always go and see the Cliff Dwellers Gallery, which is where Artist's Attic is located upstairs.
This was a store, I popped into after we were married. I've always liked little trolls and when I met the shop keeper, I just got enchanted with the idea of it all. I walked out and back in and purchased, my first, very own, troll!

Alamo Steakhouse

Restaurant | "The Love Nest at the Alamo Steak House & Saloon"

We ate here our wedding night. My husband got reservations for a "love nest" a table for two, upstairs. We both had steak, salad, and baked potatoes. We also had a marguerita prior to being seated. The service at the restaurant was superb, but at the bar the bartender was a bit frazzled and overworked. Overall it was what it was a romantic dinner for the two of us.

Alamo Steakhouse
705 East Parkway
Gatlinburg

Day 4 The Trip Home

Jared's Grill at the Ship

Restaurant | "The Ship Pub & Grill"

We ate here twice on our trip and the food was awesome! The first time was for lunch and we ordered fish and chips that were beer battered and make my mouth water talking about them now. I also had a Killean's Red Draft beer that was pretty good as always. The next time we ate there I had a Shipwreck burger with provolone cheese, bacon and the works. My husband's dishes were also pretty darn good as well. Our waitress, "Becky", the general manager was very friendly.

170 Glades Rd.

Jared's Grill at the Ship

Restaurant | "List of Food We Tried Here:"

Captain Joe's Stuffed Crabs: Excellent

Fish and Chips: Best I ever had

Shipwreck Burger: Superb

170 Glades Rd.

Dillard House The

Restaurant | "Southern Home Cooking"

You have to go to the Dillard House Restaurant if you're going thru Dillard, Georgia. We stopped by around 6:30 p.m. and they closed at 7:30 on Sunday p.m.. As always they give you as much as you can eat and it's placed on the table like a Sunday noon lunch at home at your grandparent's. There is a sweet potato souffle, corn on the cob, biscuits, rolls, corn bread, fried okra, cubed beef, fried chicken, butterbeans, country ham, apple butter, tomato cucumber salad, cabbage casserole, cole slaw, cauliflower casserole, cornbread stuffing, rice, gravy, spinach caserole, baby carrots, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the dishes. These are brought in portions for two and refilled as you empty the b...Read More

Dillard House The