Columbus Journals

Ohio

An August 2009 trip to Columbus by wallyjenny

Ohio State Fair Photo, Columbus, Ohio More Photos
Quote: My daughte happened to see over the internet that the Ohio State Fair was going on --so on our way to St Louis we stopped here for the day

Ohio State Fair

Attraction | "Worth Going to..."

Ohio State Fair Photo, Columbus, Ohio
There was so much to do and so much to see. My family and I had so much fun here even though it was like 90 degrees outside. They have so many vendors and things to eat. Try a cream puff from Schmidt's and some BBQ from L&R ? i think that was the name. Anyway, Great family day and definitely have an ice cream from the dairy section by the birthing area. It is so fresh and deicious.

Ohio State Fair
717 E 17th Ave
Columbus, Ohio

Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square

Hotel | "Beautiful"

I would stay here again. The hotel is in a great location and the room was clean. I loved the view that we got of the capitol building and the staff was also pleasant. I reccommed this hotel.

Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square
75 East State Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215

Book Loft of German Village

Attraction | "Books Everywhere"

If you are a book lover as my daughter is...you will love this place..They have something like over 32 rooms full of books..Its crazy like a small maze of rooms...worth going to if you love books...We went there because the is a german restaurant that was reccommeded a few blocks away, called Schmidt's. I wasn;t crazy about the food but loved the Cream Puffs--they are huge, delicious and worth getting !!!

Book Loft of German Village