Cozumel Journals

Cozumel Great for Divers Others Beware!

A May 2009 trip to Cozumel by Bradweber

Sabor Cozumel Resort & Spa All-Inclusive Photo, Cozumel, Mexico More Photos
Quote: I returned today from a vacation in Cozumel Mexico and and have some good experiences to share, I also have some warnings to share with you about the resort and the destination as a whole. If your a diver this might be your paradise.

Ferinco Rent A Car

Attraction | "A Lot Cheaper for Scooters and Car Rental "

Rental Car Ford ICON  Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
Ok if you happen to stay at one of the resorts on Cozumel and you want to rent a car or scooter then forget dealing with the hotel. Save some serious money by renting your car in town! My scooter was quoted at $40 plus insurance at the resort but this company dropped it off and it only cost me $25 with all the insurance. In addition if you want a car they were only $40 a day plus $4 tax. This included all the insurance. The resort wanted $60 pluse insurance and tax...
I will recommend with highest regards. While on the Island call 872-1781 I am sorry I dont have the international dialing number but you dont need a reservation..

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 7, 2009

Diving - Sand Dollar Sports

Attraction | "Learn to SCUBA in Mexico"

Diving - Sand Dollar Sports Photo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
I did take a Discover Scuba course in Cozumel while I was staying at the Wyndom Resort and Spa in June 2009. The class was very quick 30 min in the classroom and 30 min in the pool. The next step was out to the Reef. We dove in around 35 to 40 feet of water which is very shallow compared to some of the dives that people take in Cozumel. I did feel comfortable however I felt that there was a lot missing from the experience... I did try to take a second dive with them as promised at 45 USD however when I arrived at the dive shop it suddenly was 70 USD I declined with a few words to the instructor and went on my way. All in all I had a good time and learned that there is a lot to learn.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 4, 2009

Diving - Sand Dollar Sports

Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico

Sabor Cozumel Resort & Spa All-Inclusive

Hotel | "A Tale of Two Resorts All on One Property!"

Sabor Cozumel Resort & Spa All-Inclusive Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
I would like to preface this journal with my experience in all Inclusive resort properties. My wife and I have stayed in several over the years in Mexico and Jamaica. As for the Wyndham I feel the property has a long way to go the live up to the service and friendlieness we are used to in this type of resort. We began our stay on my wifes birthday. The property immidiately got off on the wrong foot by not having the type of room we requested when the trip was booked. They did however rectify that the next day by putting us in a room with a King size bed. The room was very nice however for three days we did not have any hot water to shower with. We were very patient with the staff after all we are in...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on June 4, 2009