Farmington Journals

My Trip to Nemacolin

A December 2007 trip to Farmington by jonbmx3

Quote: An overview of my recent getaway to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort with my lovely wife.

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Spa

Hotel | "Chateau LaFayette"

Nemacolin's Chateau is a french-style luxury hotel. My wife and I stayed there during our recent trip to Nemacolin on their "Five Diamond First Seating" Package. Neither of us have ever had a five diamond dining experience (like the one at Lautrec), and the package was our Xmas present to one another. The rooms in the Chateau are beautiful -- each one has a crystal chandelier. There's also a lobby bar, cigar bar, and jewelry store in the hotel. They also have thousands of dollars worth of art spread around the property, unbelievable! The Chateau, however, is only one of Nemacolin's three hotels. The property is 3,000-acres.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 28, 2008

1001 LAFAYETTE DRIVE
Farmington 15437
724-329-8555

Restaurant | "Lautrec"

Lautrec is one of the finest restaurants my wife and I have ever experienced. It won the AAA Five Diamond Award for 2008, and the service there certainly backs up such an award. We had Chef Dave Racicot's 12-course grand tasting... phenomenal! The tableside presentations were entertaining, the food was incredibly well-presented, and the service was very personal. This was the first time my wife and I had a Five-Diamond dining experience, but we will be sure to do this more often!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 28, 2008