Ocho Rios Journals

2007-Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

A December 2007 trip to Ocho Rios by HDRyders

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa Resort Ultra All-Inclusive Photo, Ocho Rios, Jamaica More Photos
Quote: We joined our four travel partners and set off on our adventure to the all-inclusive Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort.

2007-Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

The ultra all inclusive vacation is the way to go if you want no worries. You can be a busy as you want to be or as relaxed as you want to. There is an activity for everyone.

Check out the ampitheater, there is a wide variety of entertainment for all. Check out some of the tours. The Dunn's river falls is a must see. The shopping excursion worked well for me, as I am not a big shopper, so the three hour excursion was just right to pick up a little something for the ones we left behind.

I recommend the excursions. I did not trust any of the public transportation, yet some people took taxis to town.

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa Resort Ultra All-Inclusive

Hotel | "Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach Resort & Villas"

This is an all-inclusive resort. All meals drinks, entertainment, and many water activities are included. There are two sides to this resort, the Riveria and the Manor side. Both sides have numerous restaurants, bars, activities, spa and gift/photo shops. There is a complementary shuttle from side to side. The Riveria side is closest to the water and where most of the action is. The Manor side is located across the street and is more private and secluded. We booked a Deluxe Grove room but we recieved a complementary upgrade to a Plantaition Villa with a shared pool. We traveled with two other couples and we were all placed in the same Villa. Our Villa was located up a hill (a jitney ride is provi...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 11, 2008

P O BOX 771 MAIN STREET
876-974-5691

Arizona Restaurant

Restaurant | "Arizona"

Arizona Restaurant Photo, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
This is located at the Sandals Grande, it is part of the all-inclusive. The restaurant is located on the candle lit Pier on the Riviera side. It is only open a few nights a week, arrive early so that you can get a seat. The food has a Southwest flair. The wait staff are derssed in jeans, cowboys and girls. We had the steak and shrimp. The salad bar(salsa) was fabulous, I kept going back for more.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 11, 2008

Arizona Restaurant
Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

Sandals Grande Ochos Rios All-Inclusive

Restaurant | "San Generro"

Sandals Grande Ochos Rios All-Inclusive Photo, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We decided to dine on the patio overlooking the ocean. We are not big fans of Italian cuisine, but we had to give it a try. We were not that impressed with the salad bar. The meal choices were vast. I chose the chicken parm, and my husband chose a shrimp dish. The presentation was fantastic. They had a singer and pianist, the singer sang at each table personally for a song. The best part of our meal was the dessert. Although the names of the desserts would have left me clueless as to what I was ordering, the descriptions were a big help. The amaretto infused chocolate something or other was fantastic. This restaurant is included in the all-inclusive resort.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 23, 2008

Sandals Grande Ochos Rios All-Inclusive
Ochos Rios
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Don't miss the shows that are in the ampitheater on the Riveria side. They have a variety of shows including the steel drums, dancing and a couples show. All were well worth watching or participating in. I was ALMOST tempted to purchase my son a set of steel drums.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 23, 2008

P O BOX 771 MAIN STREET
876-974-5691

Dunns River Falls

Attraction | "Dunn's River Falls"

Dunns River Falls Photo, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Everyone must make the climb. Things to bring from home:Water Shoes, water proof camera & zip lock baggie.Things to bring:Towels, singles, & money for the market afterwards.Lockers and water shoes are available for rent. Pair up with one of your fellow bus mates and share a locker. A DVD and photos of your climb are available as well. We purchased the DVD, I thought it was worth it. We start our adventure just past the gates, our tour guide gives us a breifing of our journey. Here we can purchase water shoes and cameras too. Off to the locker rental area. Next to the bottom of the falls. We form our human chain adn start our climb. I personally foun...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 23, 2008