Las Vegas Journals

First Time Las Vegas - Weekend

A December 2007 trip to Las Vegas by jazi49

Quote: This was our first outing to Las Vegas. A group of 3 couples and a bachelor made the trek.

First Time Las Vegas - Weekend

Bellagio fountains

Excalibur Hotel & Casino

Hotel | "Excaliber Hotel and Casino"

My king size bed was very comfortable but I would not stay in this hotel again. The casino had plenty of slots, shops, and eateries but the hotel itself left much to desire. As soon as you begin walking towards the tower elevators to go to your room, you are hit with a musty smell. It was quite dark and dingy looking in the hallways. The shower was nice and large but not even a tiny fridge in the room... overall not pleased with these accomodations.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on December 15, 2007

Excalibur Hotel & Casino
3850 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

I didn't expect to have such a nice experience at this restaurant but I was pleasantly surprised. We ordered garlic shrimp, mushrooms and crab legs for appetizers. The crab legs were amazing!! Our waiter was very helpful with wine recommendations. Entree portions are LARGE so approach with caution. I ordered a porterhouse and was unable to get through half of it due to the size!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on December 15, 2007

Steak House at Circus Circus
2880 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

This was the only buffet we stopped in during our visit and I am glad we stopped in! The variety was nice and the food good for the quantity and price. There was so much to sample, I had one plate of food and then moved onto sampling desserts... this strategy only works with multiple adults otherwise you won't be able to walk away in one piece. The banana bread and cheesecake are great!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 15, 2007

Luxor Pharaoh's Pheast Buffet
Luxor Hotel And Casino - 3900 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119

Bellagio Fountains

The Bellagio is beautiful building in and of itself but the dancing fountains are what put it over the top. They dance to music and the music changes from show to show all of it appropriate. This is a very romantic spot and worth seeing.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on December 15, 2007

Bellagio Fountains
3600 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada

Jubilee!

Attraction | "Jubilee"

We wanted to experience a truly Las Vegas campy show and chose Jubilee to enjoy all of the rhinestones. The theater is small so don't be fooled by the seating chart! We thought if we took some of the lower price seating, we would not get to see as much but ANY seat in the house is a good seat with a good view. At the end of the day, Jubilee was not my cup of tea, very corny, and the words/music was not always easy to understand. The entertainers in between musical numbers were more entertaining then the topless numbers. I did love being reminded of Showgirls the movie though! I would say visit it once for that LV feel but no need to go back again.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on December 15, 2007