Boston Journals

An October 2007 trip to Boston by RLWillingham

Quote: Business Trip.

Copley Inn

Hotel

The Copley Inn is a nice little place to stay. I enjoyed the coziness of the room and felt that I could stay there again. My only real issue was the lack of internet in my room and the ventalation of the kitchen. I tend to like spicey food, so I may require a bit more than most in that department. However, there are several resturants near by if you choose not to cook and a "T" stop to take you further out if there is nothing to your liing available. but if you keep the cooking simple - say like soups or pasta, there is nothing to stop you from a simple meal.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 29, 2007

Copley Inn
19 Garrison St
Boston, Massachusetts 2116

Cafe Pompei

Cafe Pompei is one of my favorite places to visit in Boston. The food is always good and reasonably priced. The portions are also more than fair. I have enjoyed the cheese ravioli and the fried artichoke dishes as well as the chicken bercellini (sp?). I would definetly recommend it - and I have sent people there often. Yummy food.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 29, 2007

Cafe Pompei
280 Hanover St.
Boston, Massachusetts 02113

Modern Pastry

Restaurant | "Modern Bakery"

Great baked goods and excellant truffles. There is a reason the line goes out the door. It is one of several bakeries in the North end of Boston - but it is probably my favorite.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 29, 2007

Modern Pastry
257 Hanover Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02113

Trinity Church

A very pretty church with wonderful stain glass to view. They do tours and offer self-guided tours as well. Also, on Fridays they have something going on on occasion. The day I was there an organ concert was scheduled. It is worth the stop if you enjoy Gothic-styled churches that are still active and well preserved.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 29, 2007