Clearwater Beach Journals

Clearwater Beach Vacations

A June 2001 trip to Clearwater Beach by caheis

Quote: Save by using Florida Travel and Tourist Bureau.

Clearwater Beach Vacations

I wanted a beach vacation that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I found the Florida Travel and Tourist Bureau that offer a beach front hotel at 50% off the rack rate. We stayed at the Hilton for per night.Quick Tips: Use the internet to get your best deals on air rental, airline tickets and hotel rooms. I use Priceline.com and got airline tickets for RT/p.The car rental was done with Hotline.com for /day. We loved the Hilton Clearwater Beach. It offers two outdoor pools, hottub, poolside rest. and bar. The beach is wonderful with white fine sand. We also went on the Captain Memo Pirate Ship. It was great. Well worth the price.Best Way To Get Around: We had a rental car. ...Read More
Our room faced the north side of the Gulf. We had a wonderful Gulf side view. The room itself had two double beds, dresser, desk, TV, and TV game controller. My daughter loved the games and pay per view movies. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 22, 2001

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort
400 MANDALAY AVE
Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767
727 461-3222

Frenchy's Salt Water Cafe

Restaurant | "Frenchy's"

We had a difficult time finding Frenchy's, but when we did we returned two times. This is definitely the place to get good seafood at a reasonable price. We went to two of the three Frenchy's on the island. I highly recommend this place.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 22, 2001

Frenchy's Salt Water Cafe
419 Poinsettia Ave
Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767
+1 727 461 6295

Bob Heilman's Beachcomber Restaurant

Restaurant | "Bob Heilmans"

Although the restaurant is finely styled, the food was not wonderful. All the reviews I read about this place, praised the food. I wanted to let you know that we were not happy with our seafood. The crab tasted bad, like it was spoiled. The scallops were overcooked and the bill was over $60 without drinks, for two people! I did tell our waiter that the crab tasted bad, but they offered no discount or refund. Forget this place unless the locals tell you it improved.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on July 22, 2001