Brussels Journals

Brussels; perfect weekend getaway

A travel journal to Brussels by Wenasje

Kasbah Photo, Brussels, Belgium More Photos
Quote: I live near Brussels and visit this beautiful city frequently. In this journal u can read more about what to do and see in Brussels.

Brussels; perfect weekend getaway

Brussels is not only Belgium's capital, it is also the European capital. This is due to the fact that both the NATO and the EU headquarters are situated here. This makes it a very international city where three languages are widely spoken: French, Flemish (or Dutch) and English. Quick Tips: When visiting Brussels there a few things you can't miss. I'll name a couple of them shortly and go further into them in separate chapters. The Grand Place; the beautiful central Market Square. The Atomium; a memory of the World Exhibition. The Belgium Chocolates; Yum! Palais du Justice; beautiful, huge and impressive Quartier Marollesa lively earthy neighbourhoud ...Read More

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel

Hotel | "Radisson SAS Hotel"

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Photo, Brussels, Belgium
This is the best Brussels hotel I`ve stayed in so far. A very deluxe 5 star hotel in a modern style. The absolute eye-catcher is the lovely atrium in the middle of the building. Furthermore, there are 4 types of rooms: Royal Club, Scandinavian, Italian and Oriental and the staff is incredibly multilingual. I`ve seen front desk staff who speak over 6 languages!

Okay, this is luxury for which in general you''ll have to pay quite an amount of money. However, I was lucky enough to book this hotel with coupons from the magazine "Flair". Check out my chapter on tips for luxury stays for budget prices.

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel
Rue du Fosse-aux-Loups 47
Brussels, Belgium 1000
+32 2 219 28 28

Brussels Dorint Photo, Brussels, Belgium
this is another great hotel. It`s a very modern, 4 star hotel in the European District. The rooms are not very spacious, but very well furnished.

Don''t miss out on their breakfast buffet. It is really well-assorted so you can rest assured: you won''t be starving before lunch. ;-)

Brussels Dorint
European District
Brussels, Belgium
+ 32 2 231 09 09

Kasbah

Kasbah Photo, Brussels, Belgium
This Morroccan restaurant is our all-time favourite in Brussels. I recently went back to this restaurant for the 3rd time and again the service, the food and the atmosphere were perfect!

Everything on the menu is delicious. I absolutely love the grilled specials such as the Couscous Royal (BEF 650). You`ll get the best grilled lamb meat, chicken, merguez sausages + a piece of tender lamb. Simply divine...

Extra info:
Open noon-2.30pm, 7-11pm, Mon-Fri; 7-11pm Sat. Average 1,000BF. Credit AmEx, MC, V. Make reservations in advance; it`s often very busy!

Kasbah
20 Rue Dansaert
Brussels, Belgium 1000
+32 2 502 40 26

Usually I really can`t afford to stay in luxury***** hotels. I`m more of a hostel or B&B kind of type. However, I`m lucky to know a few ways thru which I can get luxury accommodation in the Benelux for a budget-price. One way is by using coupons that apear twice a year in special addition of a Belgian/Dutch women`s magazine called: Flair. I don`t know the exact dates on which these special editions come out, but I usually keep track by checking out the newsstands once in a while. I do know that that the winter edition is somewhere in october and the summer edition just came out last week (1st week of June). So, actually this tip is only useful if you happen to be Dutch or B...Read More