Israel Journals

Traveling Cheap in Israel

A July 2007 trip to Israel by rappinkac

Quote: Traveling in Israel for cheap!

Sky Hostel

Hotel

Out of all the places I stayed in Israel, the sky hostel was my least favorite. Since it was the first place we stayed, we decided to book online. However, when we got there, the management couldn't figure out how to find our reservations. Finally (after waiting for about an hour), they were able to offer us rooms, but they split our group (of 4) up into 2 separate rooms. The hostel itself was not clean, and there were no sheets. We found it actually better to use the public showers on the beach rather than the showers at the hostel. The atmosphere was not very social, and we did not meet many people there. On the good side, the hostel was close to the beach and in a nice area. However, I would recomm...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on September 14, 2007

Sky Hostel
34 Ben Yehuda St.
Tel Aviv, Israel
+972 (3) 6200044

This is probably the best hostel in Tel Aviv. I would definitely stay there again! It is cheap, clean, and fun. The room I stayed in had a view of the Mediterranean. The beach is a 2 minute walk, and great nightlife is another 2 minute walk. The staff are great, and the atmosphere is very social. There is a TV room that people hang out in, and there are always interesting people to talk to. There is Internet access. The hostel is very large, and it is usually packed, so be sure to call ahead.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 14, 2007

HaYarkon 48 hostel
48 Hayarkon St.
Tel-Aviv, Israel
+972 (3) 5103113

Al Arab

Hotel

"Welcome to 2000," says the giant sign that adorns the entrance to the Al-Arab hostel. Perhaps it should welcome us to 1900. This is a bare bones hostel. If you rub up against the wall, your shirt turns white. The doors to the toilets don't close all the way. There is a group of Eastern European women that seem like some weird cult that live in the same building. However, I loved the Al Arab hostel. It is amazingly cheap (about $5/night). The people are friendly, and it feels like home.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 14, 2007