Cancun Journals

Cancun

A March 2005 trip to Cancun by jenreed

Quote: Where is Tavo?

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

Hotel | "Fiesta Condesa Americana"

The Fiesta Condesa Americana is the best hotel in Cancun. I even spent a week at the Moon Palace and I still prefer this hotel. I have been to Cancun seven times and I have tried many hotels. I was stuck on the Melia Turquesa for a couple years but the service was so poor and the food so mediocre that I decided to try something new...I will always stay there because the service, hospitality, convenience, and even the food was the best of any hotel there.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 12, 2007

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun
BOULEVARD KUKULCAN KM 16.5
Cancun, Mexico 77500
52-998-8851000

Shrimp Bucket

Restaurant | "The Shrimp Bucket"

I love the Shrimp Bucket. Before the hurricane hit, it was on the other side of the road and down a ways. Tavo was a bartender there and since they have re-built, I cannot find him. He was a great bartender and he did fabulous magic (card) tricks. I would go there every year and he would remember me. He even remembered my birthday the last time I was there and had a present for me. (I always go in February which is my birthday month.) The food is great and the service is excellent. They treat you as a friend and the energy there is exciting! If anyone knows where Tavo has gone, Please let me know, I am going back soon and I would love to see him again!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 12, 2007