Kauai Journals

Week at Kauai Coast Resort

A July 2007 trip to Kauai by Juliette & Christian

Quote: We spent a week on Kauai at the Kauai Coast Resort, enjoying the beaches, diving, and dining.

Kaui Coast Resort

Hotel | "Kauai Coast Resort"

We stayed in a ground floor one bedroom unit which had a lanai directly adjacent to the pool area. It was very nice and convenient to allow the kids to swim without having to leave our room. I took advantage of getting up early one morning to watch the ocean as the sun came up sitting on beach chairs right on the beach. The restaurant on site has good food, check out the warm cake (it's a chocolate pudding cake that is awesome).

Kaui Coast Resort

Tidepools

Loved it! The atmosphere was relaxing, the food was delicious and I'm definately going back. We had a reservation and were glad as the people who walked in before us could not be accommodated, and we were given the best table in the place (next to the waterfall).

Tidepools
1571 Poipu Road
Koloa, Hawaii 96756
+1 808 742 1234

Eggberts

I've been eating here for 20 years. I have the eggs benedict each time (vegetarian) and my son loves the clam chowder. Occasionally the staff can be crabby, but it's ok - I'm on vacation.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 23, 2007

Eggberts
Coconut Marketplace

Kealia Beach

Great beach for surfing and boogie boarding. However there are rip tides. Both this year and last year kids in our group got caught in rip tides. If you are just playing in the surf, stay to the left by the rocks to avoid the surfers and the rip tides.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on August 23, 2007

Kealia Beach
Kuhio Highway, 10 Mile Marker
Kapa'a, Hawaii 96751
no phone

Bubbles Below Scuba Charters

Attraction | "Scuba diving"

We did a dive trip to Niihau. It was spectacular. This isn't for the new diver, but is really great for experienced divers. There are three dives and you see monk seals, sharks, and lots of great fish. The crew of the boats are really nice and helpful. Make sure you don't get sea sick, the ride back is somewhat challenging.

Bubbles Below Scuba Charters