Baltimore Journals

Getaways

An August 2007 trip to Baltimore by chettabelle

Renaissance Harborplace Photo, Baltimore, Maryland More Photos
Quote: My entire experience when my husband and I went on vacation there for the weekend.
Renaissance Harborplace Photo, Baltimore, Maryland
My husband and I stayed here for the weekend and loved the hotel! It is beautiful inside and the rooms are very nice. The beds all have featherbed covers on top of the mattresses so it's is very comfy. We got a great rate from Priceline.com. The hotel is normally $250 a night or higher, but we got it for $100 through Priceline. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was $17.95 per person and it was okay, not the best I have ever had, but it was fine. They only serve Starbuck's coffee so if you like it then you will be happy. I think it is too strong so I wasn't thrilled. It is casual for breakfast and there are a lot of different things to choose from to eat. There isn't much around the Inner Harbor for br...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

Renaissance Harborplace
202 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202

The Buffet here is horrible! I have been to Philip's in Ocean City and it is so much better than this location. For $26.95 it is not worth it! The buffet only had snow crab legs. No crabcakes, no lobster. They had tiny fried shrimps, chicken, halibut and some other fish I have never heard of. That is not a "Seafood" Buffet to me. I would never ever go back here. The food was not tasty! The Edy's ice cream in the end was the best! Maybe the Philip's Restaurant is better, but the Buffet ruins the name!

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

Phillips Harborplace
301 Light St

La Tavola

This was a nice place in Little Italy. The food was good, the bread was good.. It wasn't the best Italian I have ever had, but it was nice. There was no wait and the staff were very attentive and very nice! I would go back. I had the Gnocchi in a tomato sauce. It was good, but I like a meat sauce better. All the pasta is homemade here so it is tasty!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

La Tavola
248 Albermarle St.

Johnny Rockets

This was a great place to grab a burger and fries. It was cheap too. The burger was fresh meat and you can tell with the first bite! I liked it! I would go back...

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

Johnny Rockets
301 Light St.

Baltimore Duck Tours

Attraction | "Ride the Ducks Tour"

Ride the Ducks Tour Photo, Baltimore, Maryland
This was a great fun tour! It's a bus that takes you all around Baltimore and through towns like Fells Point, Little Italy, Mt. Vernon, and then it goes in the water. They give you duck necklaces and as you are on the tour passing people on the streets you blow your necklace and it quacks. It is very fun for all ages! It was $25 per person but well worth it!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

Baltimore Duck Tours
25 Light Street Suite 300

Waterfront Hotel

Attraction | "The Waterfront Hotel"

This is basically a bar that serves food. It is smokey in there, but I will have to say that for lunch it is great! The food was delicious. There was about 5 other bars that we passed, but someone recommend we go here and they were right. I would definitely go back next time I visit Baltimore..

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 22, 2007

Waterfront Hotel
1710 Thames Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21231

National Aquarium Baltimore

Attraction | "National Aquarium in Baltimore"

National Aquarium Baltimore Photo, Baltimore, Maryland
This was a disappointment! My husband and I heard so much about this place. We paid $21.95 each person and all we saw was mostly plain fish and some sharks, but nothing exciting. The Dolphin show was not until 2 hours later so we did not wait around for it. Mind you, you have to pay another $5 for the Dolphin show. I would never go back here. It was pretty boring!

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 22, 2007