Las Vegas Journals

Fabulous Las Vegas

An October 2006 trip to Las Vegas by krissiev

Siegfried and Roys Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: This is just some points from my adventures in Las Vegas.

New York New York Hotel & Casino

Hotel | "New York New York Hotel & Casino"

I enjoyed my stay at the NYNY. I don't remember any point where I wish I'd stayed somewhere else, except maybe after a night of walking from center strip back to our room! The rooms are cozy and comfortable, the bathroom is bright and clean, and the casino doesn't smell like an ashtray, so that's a plus! They really have a great ambiance and a number of great places to eat and enjoy yourself. Take a ride on the Manhattan Express, it's a really fun roller coaster.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 13, 2007

New York New York Hotel & Casino
3790 Las Vegas Blvd. South

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez New York New York Hotel & Casino

Restaurant | "Gonzalez Y Gonzalez NYNY Hotel & Casino"

We stopped by this restaurant because we love Mexican food and we had read some reviews that the place had really good food. We came to find out this really wasn't the case. I ordered a cosmopolitan that tasted like gasoline and I ordered a burrito for my meal. The burrito could have been good, but they put peas and carrots in their rice. I don't mind that in my fried rice, but I wasn't expecting a Chinese dinner, I wanted a burrito with Spanish rice. The other two people that were dining with me had the same disgust and our waiter was less than sympathetic, actually we felt a little ignored and had to wait quite awhile to try and get our check so we could leave. If you like peas and carrots in y...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 13, 2007

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez New York New York Hotel & Casino
3790 Las Vegas Blvd S

Greenberg's Deli

This is a walk-up deli that has the most amazing food! They have wonderful sandwiches and let you choose from a few side dishes. We had the potato salad, it was so good! It was a nice break from all the mixtures of different food and felt a bit more close to home. We ate there at least twice on our 4-day stay.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 13, 2007

Greenberg's Deli
3790 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, Nevada 89136

Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat

Attraction | "Mirage: Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat"

Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
We went to see the dolphins which had a blast showing off their social skills and swimming around in the water. When we were finished snapping photos of them, we headed off to see the lions and tigers in the rest of the secret garden. It's a very fun and tranquil place to spend part of your afternoon.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 13, 2007