Washington, D.C. Journals

Getaway to our Nation's Capital

A June 2007 trip to Washington, D.C. by colombian24

Quote: This is my 4th trip to Washington D.C. My girlfriend wanted to go somewhere else, but I convinced her to take her first trip to our Nation's Capital. In this entry I will give you a few stories and tips about seeing D.C. in a short time span.

Getaway to our Nation's Capital

I highly recommend going to Washington D.C. for everybody. This is a great city to visit. The few things that stood out in this trip was seeing the Korean War Memorial. My grandfather served in this war and he never got to see this because he passed away before it was completed. Another high point of our trip was showing my girlfriend things she's only seen on TV. Her favorite part of the trip was seeing the Lincoln Memorial. I also enjoyed this. It's remarkable how much work went in to make these monuments. After going to this monument we decided to go to Ford's Theater. This was also amazing. I was here when I was a kid but, I didn't remember that much about it. We both enjoyed this very much. We sa...Read More

Cactus Cantina

This Caribbean/Mexican restaurant is located in Cleveland Park. I liked the portions that they gave you. The type of food ranges. You have ribs, tacos, fajitas, and enchiladas. A good take in if you like this type of food. The website for this is www.cactuscantina.com.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 6, 2007

Cactus Cantina
3300 Wisconsin Ave Northwest
Washington, DC 20016

Smithsonian National Museum of American History

Attraction | "National Museum of American History"

When my girlfriend and decide to take a trip to Washington she wanted to go to this museum first. She later explained to me that she would at least know something in this Museum. This Museum is open from 10am to 5:30pm. I suggest going to this site early. I really enjoyed seeing all of the cool stuff from Archie Bunker's chair to Mr. Rogers' Sweater.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 6, 2007

Smithsonian National Museum of American History
14th Street And Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC

Old Town Trolley Tours

Attraction | "Monuments by Moonlight"

When visiting Washington, I highly recommend taking a trolley tour. It's called "Monuments By Moonlight". This is a great tour for everybody. I took my girlfriend on this the last night of our trip. This tour is really relaxing and it visits most of the major monuments when they are not that crowded. The company is called Old Town Trolley. This tour company has tours all over the country. This is a really good tour to take. Make sure you have advanced tickets before you go down there. The Trolley company has a website.

Old Town Trolley Tours