Cairo Journals

Egypt - Ancient Wonders

A May 2001 trip to Cairo by worldsmyoyster

Giza Pyramids and The Sphinx Photo, Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt More Photos
Quote: Egypt was a country that was to pull me back many times, with temples that need to be seen to be believed. Nothing prepares you for seeing them right before you.

Mena House Oberoi - Cairo

Hotel | "Mena House"

The Mena House is right at the foot of the Pyramids, and a hotel experience that I highly recommend. The rooms are luxurious and very expensive, so we stayed in the Garden Room - which has a beautiful view of the Mena House gardens. The hotel is more like a palace with the beautiful artifacts and arched doorways. The most exquisite rugs adorn the floors to this hotel/palace. The staff are very experienced - offering superior treatment. This hotel was by far the most beautiful from all of my varied hotel stays throughout the whole of Egypt.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 15, 2007

Mena House Oberoi - Cairo
Pyramids Road Giza
Cairo, Egypt
20-23833222

Giza Pyramids and The Sphinx

Attraction | "Overview of Ancient Egypt"

Giza Pyramids and The Sphinx Photo, Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
My first visit to Egypt was part cruise, part hotel. We stayed in Luxor at the Winter Palace hotel. From the window you could see the Temple of Luxor. This is one of the vast temples of Egypt, and well worth the visit. This was an organised trip, so we got to experience a little bit of everything. The Nile cruise was wonderfully relaxing, and the entertainment on board was good. The island of Aswan was one of the more memorable moments – visiting the temple of Isis. Seeing this temple for the first time, on a tiny island, is breathtaking. There are many small places to explore here. We visited the Valley of the Kings. This was one occasion that I entered many of the magnificent tombs. The walk way ...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 15, 2007