Savannah Journals

Discovering Savannah Again

A May 2007 trip to Savannah by travelnondown

Quote: I wanted to go back down to Savannah, GA to re-discover its wonderment...

Americas Best Value Inn

Hotel | "America's Best Inn"

The hotel was not very exciting. The price could not be beat (only $45 nightly), but the hotel was not readily cleaned everyday and their front desk staff were very rude. I found dead bugs underneath the bed and around the room. But hey, if you are on a budget, it works.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 3, 2007

Americas Best Value Inn
390 Canebrake Rd
Savannah, Georgia 31419
912-927-2999

Lady and Sons

Restaurant | "Lady and Sons (The)"

I always watch Paula Deen's show "Paula's Home Cooking". I just had to sample some of her down-home cooking while I was in Savannah, after reading rave reviews about the restaurant she and her sons run. My boyfriend and I waited in the hot, grueling sun for two hours for a dinner reservation. We both opted for the dinner buffet for $16.99 where you get a taste of such things as fried chicken, collard greens, specialty desserts, mashed potatoes, and more! I am so glad that we did because you get to taste a variety of things and not be stuck with just one entrée.  I would highly recommend checking out this restaurant...well worth the wait!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 3, 2007

Lady and Sons
102 W Congress St.
Savannah, Georgia 31401

Savannah Tours By Foot

Attraction | "Savannah by Foot Tours"

Insightful and very interesting! The price was just right for the amount of information that they give you! I would definitely recommend doing this for all age groups!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 3, 2007

Savannah Tours By Foot
527 East Gordon Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401

Wet Willie's

Great frozen drink here! They have such an assortment that it is hard to pick just (or have) one! When you are there definitely have one for me...I miss that place!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 3, 2007

Wet Willie's
101 E. River St.
Savannah, Georgia
912-233-5650

The first time I was in Savannah I was much younger. I was forced to go there due to a family vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC. When we actually visited there, I loved it! It was so beautiful and unlike any other city I have traveled to. I knew that I wanted to come one day. This visit to Savannah was great, just like before. We drove down from Charlotte, NC and arrived there late in the day Saturday. My boyfriend and I ended up going down to River Street for some grub and checking out the neat shops (especially the Candy shops!). The candy shops were awesome! Free samples of salt water taffy and roasted pecans - YUM O (as Rachel Ray would say)! The following day we decided to do a day trip to Hilto...Read More