Lake Wales Journals

Our First 2 Week Vacation

An April 2007 trip to Lake Wales by Kebamo

Shamu Photo, Lake Wales, Florida More Photos
Quote: This was one of the best trips we have ever made! Two weeks is perfect.

Our First 2 Week Vacation

All the neat things to do we got to do on our vacation. We really like visiting Florida, and will go back again. We chose to be centrally located so we were able to see more with everything being close by.

Enjoy everything you can see, eat everything, and try new things, but most of all, relax and enjoy your time off

Car, bike, walking.

CAys Resort

Hotel

The Hotel Photo, Lake Wales, Florida
This was the condotel that we got for the night at Hotels.com. Four stars: it had a pool, tiki bar, and resturant right on-site. These were one-bedroom suites with full kitchens, nicely furnished. We will stay there agian if we go to Marathon next year. The staff is super, the place is really clean.

Seaworld

Shamu Photo, Lake Wales, Florida
This large park is very expensive. Adults are $65 each and children 3 and older are $56 each. The parking is $10-$15. The food is very pricy. We had a slice of pizza, soda, and fries and that was $20. There is a lot of walking, so dress for the heat. Lots of neat things to see.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 24, 2007

Close to the campgrounds are flea markets. They are open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There are lots of vendors and great prices on really cool stuff. If you like shopping, be sure to take in a few of these. You can find just about anything you want from antiques to food to produce.

Sunshine Flea Market
24200 US Highway 27
Lake Wales, Florida

China Pearl Buffet

Attraction | "China Pearl Resturant"

This is a chinese Buffet with a mongolian BBQ. Lots of food and it is very fresh. The cost is really good, about $6 per person plus drinks. This place was so good we ate there twice during our stay.

China Pearl Buffet
1372 State Road 60 East
Lake Wales, Florida 33853

Latitudes Resturant

The Plac e Photo, Lake Wales, Florida
What a super little place. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The crab bisque is a must-try, as well as the conch fritters. Breakfast was excellent as well and they gave us a 1/2 price coupon, so breakfast only cost us $7 for the two of us.

Marathon Beach

Marathon Beach Photo, Marathon, Florida
This quiet little jewel is the perfect place to get away. Clean, white beaches that are not crowded, with plenty of room, and blue water to swim or snorkle in. This little jewel is a must visit place!

Marathon Beach
Florida Keys
Marathon, Florida

Leigh Ann's Coffee House

Restaurant | "Liea Anns Coffee House & Bakery"

Leigh Ann's Coffee House Photo, Florida Keys, Florida
This cozy little coffee house was a great find. Country home setting, with mismatched plates and cups, fresh coffee, baked goods, and breakfas, clean restrooms, nice outside porch area. Do try this place if you get to Marathon.

Leigh Ann's Coffee House
301 Sadowski Causeway
Key Colony Beach, Florida 33050
(305) 743-2001

This little peice of history tells you about how Nature Made OJ came into being, about the struggle from natural disaters etc. You'll learn a lot here.

Lobster Buffet

You won't believe this place. Yes, it is really an all-you-can-eat lobster buffet, and while I was there I ate 8 lobsters not counting crab legs. Boy, was I ever full.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 24, 2007

Well as we close our first two-week vacation, we have decided that it's the only way to go. After the first week, you finally get unwound, and you can start to enjoy. We went to a lot of places and did a lot of things, and just hung around the campgrounds on the days off. Bobbi got to read a lot of books—six of them—and I got to work on my cooking forum (http://www.cficsc.com). We had a blast. Everyone we met was just so friendly. I did learn a valuable lesson. I have been ignoring Sam's Club about their emergency road service because I had insurance on both vehicles through my insurance company. Well, I blew a tire out on the way to the campgrounds and called Geico to come out and change the tire. Th...Read More

About the Writer