Myrtle Beach Journals

Softball Trip To Myrtle Beach

An April 2007 trip to Myrtle Beach by Dburke

Quote: Spent four days in Myrtle Beach
My daughter's softball team stayed at the Marriott Grand Dunes from the Saturday before Easter until the Friday after. I joined up with them towards the end of the week. Fortunately, when I arrived, the weather was turning nicer. The Marriott Grand Dunes is a beautiful hotel located on the beach in Myrtle Beach. It is tastefully decorated and spacious. The rooms are a nice size and clean. The beds are probably the most comfortable that I have slept on. We had a room that overlooked the pool and we had a nice view of the beach. We did not have a balcony but all windows open up. Housekeeping came everyday and replenished body lotions, etc. There is a small refrigerator in each room. The outdoor pool is ...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 23, 2007

Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29572

Senor Frog's

Restaurant | "Senor Frogs"

A group of us went to Señor Frogs, located at Broadway at the Beach. What a great, fun atmosphere! We had two young teenagers with us and there was an opportunity for them to get up and do karaoke as well as dance on the dance floor. Señor Frogs is a night club after 9:30pm, but up until that point, they get the kids involved who are at the restaurant with their families. The food was Mexican cuisine and very good. You had quite a variety to choose from. The staff was fun and you could tell they really enjoyed their jobs.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 25, 2007

Senor Frog's
1304 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577

Amicis

We went to Amicis for my daughter's birthday at Broadway at the Beach. We had a group of 14, and because it was my daughters birthday, they tried to accommodate us in a short period of time. Even though it was over Easter Break, we only waited about 15 minutes. The food was very good, a great variety of Italian specialties. The staff really cared about what you thought of your meals. They were very attentive during the evening. All of the meals everyone got in our party were extremely good according to everyone. What was really nice is that when we got the bill they had comped my daughters meal since it was her birthday!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 25, 2007