Illinois Journals

Traveling through Illinois

An October 2006 trip to Illinois by harrka

Quote: I travel frequently through Illinois, and I want to talk about my hotel experiences.

Ramada Limited North Dirksen Parkway

Hotel | "Ramada Limited Dirksen Parkway"

The Ramada on Dirksen Parkway in Springfield, IL is fantastic! It is within walking distance of quite a few restaurants--closest to what was voted the "best Mexican restaurant in Springfield". On a weekday evening, the place was so packed, I could only find a spot at the bar, so it must be true!!!

The hotel is comfortable, expecially the jacuzzi suites. I can't wait to go back!!!

Ramada Limited North Dirksen Parkway
3281 Northfield Drive
Springfield, Illinois 62702

Wow, was this hotel nice. Everything you could need is inside. It was familiar, it kind of feels like it used to be a Holiday Inn Holidome because if you have an interior view, you can check out everything going on in the hotel, so you can choose where to go when you emerge from your room.

Emerging from your room almost doesn't seem worth it as they are comfortable and the beds are FANTASTIC. The pool, though, is worth coming out of your shell for. How relaxing!

Ramada Inn Peoria
4400 North Brandywine
Peoria, Illinois 61614
(309)-686-8000

Lodge Hotel and Conference Center

Hotel | "The Lodge Hotel and Conference Center"

Okay, I know this technically isn't "Central Illinois", but if you've got to go to the Quad Cities, then you've got to stay at the Lodge. For anyone looking for something a little out of the ordinary--and I'm talking about staying at a hotel that doesn't look like the one you just left--then this is your place! That's not to say that it doesn't have the familiar comforts: all nice staff, everyone says hello to you wherever you are, all of the comforts and conveniences of a chain including a pool, nice fitness room, and wonderful, comfortable rooms. I got to stay in a nice large suite. It was more than I needed, but oh-so nice to feel "upgraded", and it was luxurious to spread out. There w...Read More

Lodge Hotel and Conference Center
I-74 at Spruce Hills Drive
Bettendorf, Iowa 52722

Baymont Inn and Suites

Hotel | "Baymont Inn and Suites Champaign"

This hotel is nice and refreshing. The rooms have an updated look and this hotel has everything you're looking for, whether you're traveling on business or for pleasure!

The location is magnificent, close to the highway(s), tons of restaurants, and, especially, the Mall where I got a ton of my christmas shopping done!

I would definitely stay here again.

Baymont Inn and Suites