Negril Journals

Jamaica Resort Sandals ROCKS

A December 2004 trip to Negril by nsdephw

Quote: Jamaica is a beautiful island. There are many things to do and see as long as you are safe.

Jamaica Resort Sandals ROCKS

Everyone knew my name and I won almost every contest! I am the Hula Hoop Camp!

Everything is included! It is a very peaceful place. If you want to relax this is my favorite place!

Most everyone says not to leave your resort. So they have transportation set up for you. They pick you up from the airport and take you back. It is about one and a half hour drive. They also will take you to the other Sandals resorts in the area. You can eat at any of them; It is included! Also they will take you on excretions. They are all priced different. Make sure you pay attention because even though some look great they are about a 4 hour drive away.

Beaches Negril Resort and Spa Ultra All-Inclusive

Hotel | "Beaches Negril (SANDALS)"

We stayed at a Beaches Resort in Negril. They are owned by Sandals. They are an all-inclusive resort. The one we stayed at was the one by the resort Couples. There are two Beaches resorts and one Sandals resort in Negril. Beaches is a resort for singles and family. Sandals is a resort for couples only. Negril is a very peaceful and calm beach.Beaches is all-inclusive. All the water activities are included. Even the scuba diving is included. You just have to take a quick lesson in one of the pools.They have two pools. They also have many floats for you to use. It's a good thing they do because it is HOT!! They also have swim up bars! The liquor is also good quality, and all include...Read More

Beaches Negril Resort and Spa Ultra All-Inclusive
Norman Manley Blvd.
+876-957-9270

Beaches Resort

Restaurant | "Beaches"

This beaches has one cafeteria open three times a day. They have a grill that is open until 4 in the morning. They have two restaurants. They are only open at night and has GREAT food. One is a Japanese grill and the other is a fine dining. Also at night they turn the grill into a Texas style restaurant.

Beaches Resort

Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa

Hotel | "Dance and Piano Bar"

There are two separate bars. One is a piano bar. You can sit around the piano and sing along. They also have a dance club. It is small but a lot of fun.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 13, 2007

Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa

Hotel | "Daily Activities"

There are activities daily. During the day they have relay races, hula hoop contests, they bring the outdoor market to you, they even show you how to tie die a T shirt. At night they have entertainment. They have a magician, a contortionist, a fire breather, and more competitions. One night they even had a game show with buzzers. It was so much fun. I won of course. But I won about everything I participated in. Since this is a family resort they have nannies to watch your children at night.

Hotel | "Shopping Tour"

We went on a shopping excretion. They took us to an open market and a couple normal shops. The market is a little... lets just say be very cautious. We got asked if we would buy drugs a few times. They also followed us around when we would not buy anything. Do not worry keep looking. There will be someone else down the way that has something way better at a better price and not give you a hard time. I learned that the hard way.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 13, 2007

Wedding City

Story/Tip

It is a great place for a wedding. We had friends marry there and the pictures were the best I have ever seen! There was a white gazebo on the beach. If this is something you or someone you know wants to do it is fantastic. Our friends upgraded their room and got a great package included. The resort even set up a tent with tables and chairs. They had a cake and appetizers. It was all-included! Also one night we went to one of the nicest restaurants there and you we got a four-coarse meal with wine and champagne. I think it was on the top 5 of best rehearsal diners ever!